Things that go "bump" in the night....

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends intirely if I am alone or not. If there is a wierd noise when there are other people around me I'll not normally jump. If I am alone, just me and the cats and I can see all of the cats It startles me and we ALL have to go investigate.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm totally freaked out by mirrors and windows, I refuse to look at them in the dark
I think I'm afraid I'm going to see someone besides me looking back
but other than that

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I freak out over any small noise I hear in the middle of the night. I think it's from watching too many horror movies. I've sent DH out in his boxers many a time to go kill the mythical ax murder that I think is out to get me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm totally freaked out by mirrors and windows, I refuse to look at them in the dark
but other than that
Oh no...............you poor thing!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Scared of my own shadow. I know it's nothing though, so I just play out possible axe murderer scenarios in my head and what I'd do in each situation while hiding my head under the pillow and doona. Eventually a few hours later I'll get back to sleep.

Although I must say, I feel very safe in my current place. I've never felt this dafe before, or slept better when DH was away for work. It's a large townhouse complex, so plenty of people nearby, it's fairly open so people could see someone trying to break in, and it's very well lit.

Makes a huge difference to my scaredy cat factor

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh no...............you poor thing!
there was a commercial on TV last night for a show or a movie where she wiped the foggy mirror and there was a creepy zombie type lady standing behind her
I was thinking oh, boy, now I'm gonna have nightmares

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm "semi-brave". I am cautious, but not scared I guess. I should probably be more scared. My mother says I don't worry about stuff like that enough. Stuff like that being break-ins, mugging, etc...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i put brave...but it's out of necessity. i'm the only one living there with opposable thumbs. if something/someone comes in, i'm the only chance we've got!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Semi-brave - things that go 'bump' do make me 'jump' but I am prepared to defend myself.

When I'm on my own, I sleep with a makeshift weapon of somesort, and mediate on Sun-Tzu before falling asleep.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

but other than that
Me too - it's an OCD thing, I think. Not sure.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I freak out over any small noise I hear in the middle of the night. I think it's from watching too many horror movies. I've sent DH out in his boxers many a time to go kill the mythical ax murder that I think is out to get me.
Well, he is the one with the military training.

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If i hear a noise through the night i have to go investigate it, armed with a rolling pin of course.
I have recently got new hearing aids and so some noises are new to me. Most of the time its either my hamster on its wheel or my fridge. I never new a fridge made a noise.

So maybe, and even though i'm armed, i must be brave.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brave here. Lived in the country all my life, so noises are not noticeable. Plus I sleep really soundly.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I picked Brave !
Sure Helen

I am semi chicken! I prefer to be chicken, but sometimes I have to step up to the plate to protect my baby's.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scaredy cat! More so if I'm on my own! Especially if I'm on my own and I can see that Villy is in the room with me so it's not her making the noise! I hide under the duvet. Like that's gonna save me!!!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I've started travelling alone a lot for business, I've become much braver. Things that used to freak me out don't anymore.

However, I should note that at our house most of the bumps in the night are Forest. Living with a CH cat does some funny things to you. He's quite noisy when he's prowling around at night, and we've learned to ignore it. We joke that if a burgular ever did break in and make noise downstairs we'd probably just assume it was Forest and go back to sleep.