I start my new job today...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So today I start my new job. I like the people i'll be working with so far and most of the people seem really nice, so hopefully it will go ok. I'm working 4-10 tonight (not bad hours at all with my class schedule!
). Then I work again on Sat & Sun. I should get the rest of my schedule on fri. The pay sucks, but they give you vacation days, and a lot of other good benifits. They've also already given me off a few days for my GI surgeries/and tests that i'm having done this month- they seem to be really nice.
/ It's not the job or position i wanted, but at the moment, i'm just thankful to have it to get a little extra $$$ for bills, savings, and the holidays. So lets see....school full time, foster kittens, and two jobs should be a ball
...ya'll are gonna have to send me some energy medicine or something

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great news Nikki, I hope all goes well tonight!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou! I appreciate that
/ So far, everone i've meet seems to be really nice, so it seems like a good work environement

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gees Nikki, how do you do it girl? Best of luck to you! Make sure you let us know how it goes!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Gees Nikki, how do you do it girl? Best of luck to you! Make sure you let us know how it goes!!
i'm really not sure how i do things, i just kinda make plans and try to stick to them
...i'll let you know how that goes with the new job
. I'm still going to apply to a few more places even though I got this job - to see if i can find anything closer to home and with a little better pay. but if not, i'll just stay at my new job. I think i get a raise in 90 days- oh joy! i can buy some crackers
lol...../ I schedule my classes really well each semester so that I have breaks in between that I can eithor grab some lunch on or go check on my foster kittens and feed them- so planning out my schedule helps a ton. Also, since I design out of my home- i can work any hours I want to and stay up late or get up early to finish my deadlines for that- so it's really not bad. I reallllllllllly needed a second job though, so hopefully this one will for for a bit
/ I'll update everyone when I get off work tonight.
The only thing I REALLY wish I could do would be pack some heat just in case we get robbed or something, but they have a no weapons policy, so that won't work. hehe, i'll just kung fu chop them
(or run and hide
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Pack some heat???? Where is this your working again young lady???
A grocery store- I have the distinct joy of being a cashier now
- I originally applied to work in the Floral department since i'm a Florist- but they weren't hiring for that dpt, so they made me a cashier instead. I'm desperate for a 2nd job to make ends meet now, so I took it just for the time being. I'm still going to apply to some other places and see if I can find anything closer to home with better pay though. If i do, i will probably leave this one or try to do both. They did say that the cashier's usually get promoted really quickly, so hopefully I will be promoted soon...we'll see. / Anyways, this store has been robbed before- so that's why I mentioned packing heat
/ It will be really nice when I get my dental degree and don't have to worry about my safety odd end jobs.

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck Nikki in your new job, I hope you make it in to the florist department, you never know, a vacancy could crop up and they might move you in there. We will all keep our fingers crossed for you.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Nik...........well, don't worry about it. Just hang in there, and something better will come along for ya.......you'll see. Just be alert to weirdos!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, good luck in your new job, I believe everything happens for a reason so maybe you will meet someone through this job that can offer you a better one or something you really want to do...that's what happened to me long ago when I was a bank teller!!! Be careful!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the job!!! I hope you enjoy it and can find something else when it's the *right* time.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks guys! i just got back from work. it wasn't half as bad as i thought it would be
i actually really like it there! (aside from the aweful pay). my coworkers are really nice and we all get along well for now, so that's really good. so far so good

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Nikki!

many congratulations about this Job for you!

and so many deep wishes to you good at all!

Good luck my friend!!!

Keep us updated about it!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nikki
Congrates on the new job .... I hope you hold together , I am sending some put huppty back together glue