I am on the longest most boring conference call right now....

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ARRRGGGGGHHHHH.....This guy I talk to every week out in CA about wiring issues has the most monotone, slowest freaking talking voice ever. He rambles - mumbles the whole time!! I'm so ready to fall asleep - I can't stand it anymore.....

He has the ability to turn a 5 minute conversation into 2 hours. We're going on 30 minutes right now and we've gotten about as much info covered as we should of in 30 seconds.......Just kill me now!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling! We have weekly safety meetings wich is fine but to listen to the guy who gives them is the wrost thing ever!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY GOD...It's getting worse. He asked if I wanted to know about items that haven't been officially released or approved and I said no - so what does he do? He proceeds to say...welll.....if these things are going to be approved....they're telling me that this "might" happen. I DON"T CARE about what might happen - let's fix the official released stuff that's a problem now.....I HATE CONFERENCE CALLS!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh man...i hate those. I am a terrible at listening when there isn't any visual connection to what is being said. I die in conference calls...in one ear...out the other

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

oh man...i hate those. I am a terrible at listening when there isn't any visual connection to what is being said. I die in conference calls...in one ear...out the other
That's why I"m posting to you guys here at the same time.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhhh I feel your pain!!!!! My company has people based all over the country, and none of the managers work out of head office (but that's another post entirely
), so we're CONSTANTLY on conference calls!!

They're such a waste of time.

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain! Monday I was on a conference call for an hour to say the exact same thing I had told this guy on Friday, he just wanted to make a "meeting" out of it in front of my boss.

Friday he tells me he understands everything I have told him (I am an analyst and at the moment was backing the data to negotiate pricing for his contract), but he just had some questions that "might be out of my relm" that he wants to go over with the VP of Sales and Marketing (my boss). Ok, so I schedule I meeting with the three of us.

Monday rolls around, conference call starts, and all he does is regurgitate everything he asked on Friday and I say exactly the same thing I said on Friday, and my boss rolls her eyes and makes death faces at the phone! I don't have time to sit around listening to you assert the amount of work you do just to make sure boss knows you are working...idiot.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you're going through! I had a four hour meeting this morning where we reviewed a 24-page document. Seriously...that's like 10 minutes per page. It was seriously painful. I may never recover.