Biographies

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok everyone, there are a lot of new people here in the last few months, so wouldn't it be fun to do a "biographies" post?? We can tell whatever we want about ourselves, and get to know each other better.
I'll go first I guess:

My name is Daniela, and I am 28 years old. I am married for 8 years now, and have two kids. My son is 7 and my daughter is 4.

I work out of my home running a home daycare. I currently have 4 daycare children, but I've been known to have up to 5 plus my own two! Call me crazy!
Some of my hobbies are cooking, reading, crafts, and gardening. I live in South east Massachusetts by Cape Cod on the ocean. Its lovely here, thats why we decided to buy our home here! Can't beat that ocean air!! I've been coming to TCS since August 2001, when I first got one of my first cats, Sunshine. I've made so many friends here that I can't leave!! I hardly ever even post about my kitties anymore, but I just love coming here. And I've made some friends who I've gotten to know apart from TCS. You know who you all are!!

So, thats about all the good stuff about me! Pretty boring, eh?? Sorry! But it will be fun to get to know others who we've become friends w/ via cyberspace!!
So c'mon guys and gals, start postin'!!!!!!!!!!

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I am Kim & I am 25, and live in Arizona with my husband & 5 cats. We have been married for 4 years, & on 9/20, it will be our 5th anniversary.
We have no kids yet.
My hobbies include playing on computer (posting, etc
), my reef tank, watching movies, going to the movie, taking pictures of the cats........ not very exciting, either.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm Heidi, 30 years old, married for going on 2 years, but we've been together for almost 8 years. We don't have kids, and don't plan to. Cats are enough for both of us. We have 2, Trent and Ophelia who are 3 years old. They are my babies and I spoil them rotten, and so does hubby.

I work as a receptionist/secretary. It's not exactly my dream job, but it pays the bills.
I have a BS in Language Arts, aka English (literature, writing, journalism, drama, etc.), and taught high school for 1 1/2 years before deciding that was not the right place for me.

Hobbies? Who has time for those?!? :LOL: When I have some spare time, I enjoy reading, cross stitching, and a few other crafty things. I used to shoot competitive high-power rifle, target shooting, but because of time and money constraints I haven't done that in a few years. I really want to get back into it again, though. I was pretty good at one time. I've also completed one novel, but didn't like how it turned out so I am going to completely re-vamp it. I also have at least two other novels floating around in my head, but haven't taken the time to get back into writing.

sockiesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, my name is Jenn and I am 16 years old. I will be starting grade 11 this September and I hope to go to university and become a nurse in the future. After I finish with my education, I would like to raise some "therapy pets" to help people in hospitals and other institutions.
I have a dog, Skipper, and a cat, Socks. I got Socks when I was 8 years old and could not imagine life without a cat. I'd like more, but my dad is allergic and so I can't.
I really enjoy music. I'm attempting to teach myself acoustic guitar (I can do the scales, so far, lol). My favorite bands include Aerosmith, The Black Crowes, and Bon Jovi. Another of my hobbies includes painting. I really enjoy painting animals on rocks, and painting scenes of our cottage up in Northern Ontario.
I'm a boring person and that's about it, heh.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! I'm Laurie and (gulp) I'm going to be 40 in February. I grew up in Chicago suburbs, but until two years ago I lived kind of everywhere. Hubby & I live in a home on wheels, a Motor Home (Recreational Vehicle) - a Holiday Rambler, for those familiar.

I went to a Quaker College that had international branches because I wanted to see the World in college, so I lived in Costa Rica and India for a year each, and traveled South America and Asia. I basically lived out of a backpack traveling the world for five years (coming back to the States in summers to work to earn the money to keep going). I ended up marrying an Indian citizen (son of a Diplomat who spoke 4 languages) who moved back to the States with me. I wanted to understand how money worked, so I got a job as a secretary in New York at what turns out was some big takeover firm. What did I know? But I had a great boss, who gave me lots of opportunity, and I ended up becoming his Partner in the start-up of our own money management firm.

After several years, I was miserable in my marriage and working 18 hours a day 6 days a week. About a week after I left hubby, my high school sweatheart looked me up. Two weeks later I was in Seattle for my first vacation in a long time. After that week, he packed everything up and drove cross country to move in with me in New York. I gave six months notice to quit my job. He quit his job too - he was the youngest Fortune 50 Manager ever (at age 30) and was totally burnt out. We both sold just about everything we owned and bought this R.V. and hit the road. We drove up to Canada to go fishing, and after my divorce was final, we got married at Mile 0 on the Alaska Highway (Dawson Creek, B.C.). We panned for gold, and my Wedding ring is made from gold we found ourselves.

We started our own business together as outsource analysts for Professional money managers. We have lived and worked together 24 hours a day for almost nine years now. We've been around the country completely three times, lived in Southern California for 1 1/2 years, various places in Florida each Winter for many years, and are now in New Jersey. We are SO blessed, and I can't believe my luck in life that my Soulmate found me.

Since the terrible incident of 9/11 in which we lost many friends, we have had to be more accessible. So we've been stationary in the farmlands of Western New Jersey with access to New York City, and we love it so much here we have no plans to leave.

This is farmland with lots of irresponsible farmers with their barn cats. A stray adopted us last year (Rocki), and a feral mom had her kittens in a burrow in the woods behind us, which brought us to this wonderful site. We adopted two of the kittens, who are now full time completely spoiled indoor cats (Lazlo and Sheldon). We are now caretakers to the feral community here, which, as Hissy predicted, keeps growing.

And I guess I'm always long winded. Sorry, but I'm always just busting!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here goes another mudane life story:

I'm Deb. I'm 45 (or something like that). I'm divorced with 2 kids, ages 14 and 15. (Allie and Anthony). I have 2 cats, Squirt and Joey. I grew up in the New York/New Jersey area, but now I live in Florida. I am the Administrative Resource Teacher at an elementary school. I just recently completed my masters degree. I'm not a serious person by nature, and sarcasm is a favorite with me. I'm a Sagittarius through and through. I also enjoy science fiction, especially Star Trek. Ok, I'm done, and YOU'RE probably asleep!

missyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, here goes, nother really exciting, but it's mine.

My names is Missy and I am 42 years old. I am happily divorced. I have no children, but do have a niece that is like a daughter to me and her daughter I consider my granddaughter. I have 2 cats, 9 years old, Sadie and Soltie--they are my other children. I live in Knoxville, Tennessee, and have been here all my life.

I work as secretary for a government agency. My group manages land and the shoreline of Norris Reservoir, which is a beautiful place.

I love playing with my granddaughter, she is 18 months old, and ever so sweet. My cats are also a big part of my life and their a hoot. I enjoy learning to do new crafts, working in the yard, and playing my kitties.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My name is Mary Anne I am closer to 50 then I want to be!
I live in Oregon with my husband, two horses a dog and 12 cats. I do feral cat rescue in my spare time and also do scrimshaw. My husband Mike is retired and he is a knifemaker now, so I help him out in his shop during the day making and repairing knives. I also will be going back to school soon to be a Medical Transcriptionist. I took the summer off. I do all my training of my horses myself, they are young and I also do wildlife rehab and rescue. I write stories and am currently working on a children's book which I hope to get published soon.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daniela, what a great idea! This is going to be so interesting. I have already read up on people I know by their signature only. Nice to "meet" you guys finally!!! :LOL:

Well....there is no way on earth that I can even compete with you Laurie.
I believe you have and do lead a very interesting life. Sounds amazing, and the freedom to be where you want to be, when you want to be.....Wow.

My name is Ghyslaine. I have 2 boys & 1 girl. My girl: Whiskers (she's a stray so we've guessed she's around 9yrs old)Steven-7yrs and Nicolas 4yrs and...oh yeah, last but not least: Robbie 34 yrs (he's the one I have a hard time with!). I do not plan on having anymore children. Love them to death but I am finally discovering that I am able to have some "me" time now and then since they are a little bit older. I have been married for 6 years. Married my childhood crush-Robbie(he was my grandparents paperboy. I was 12 and he was 11). We each went our separate ways in life and hooked up on and off for many years. I finally gave up the big city life (Montreal, Quebec) when I was 25, moved to the country and then, it took until I was going on 27 before we could get our acts together and become "soulmates". Now, I am living a life I dreamed about when I was 12. It's wonderful.

I have been working as an Admin. Assistant for the past 3 years. I think I have finally found the job that is suited for me. I plan on being there as long as they'll have me.

I do crafts occasionally, bowl in the winter and sell Avon year round. Guess it's a pretty busy life.

And.....I LOVE to write! I am so lousy at talking face to face with people. My shyness creeps in and I blush like crazy (even if I am saying a simple "How are you?"). It's awful. So, I write instead. And that...is how I found TCS.

nicki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, my name is Nicki, I am 24 years old and I have been married for a year and 8 months. It will be two years this December. I live in West Virginia, born and raised. I am entering my last semester of college. I will graduate with a BA in history this December!!! My husband is finishing his Masters degree in Geography. We don't have any kids, yet!!! Hopefully in the future.

I have one little kitty named Kikimora, we call her Kiki. She is my precious little baby. I have another cat named Milly at my parents house. I have had him for about 10 years now. He was the one that saw me through the tough high school years.

I really haven't done anything exciting. It seems like my life has been on hold until I am done with school. My husband and I plan to move after he is done with his Master's degree. We have no idea where. I guess where ever we both can find work.

7cozycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my name is Tara. i am 26 years old. married to the same man i have been with for the past 10 years. almost 11 in 3 months. we got together a week after my 16 birthday. we have a nine year old daughter. we live in kentucky. we have 6 cats. Zazu 6, Freind 6, Sami 4, Sturdy 3, O'mally 3, Milo 3 and Sox who makes the Seven in cozy was 3 when he passed in march. which really broke our hearts. i can't tell you how much we loved him. still do. i have not seen my husband cry the way he did since his mom died. we still talk about him at least a couple times a week. anyway, i am a stay at home mom. my husband is a local truck driver and repairs computers in his spare time. i sometimes sell on ebay for fun. love to buy on ebay. i really enjoy decorating. we don't really do much exiting stuff. hang out at home. we really love our cats! and i must add to the list Buddy who is an outside cat i claimed after his owners left him. he is about 3yr. that's about it!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm Keith and I am 33. I've lived in Portland now for just over 4 years. I moved from California as I was tired of all the rude people and traffic almost 24 hours a day. Oh, and that smog!!!! I'm single and don't have any kids that I know of.
I'm an uncle to 2 beautiful nephews!! I miss my family and friends but make it up to them when I go down for 5 weeks in the spring to work as a Tour Guide for schoolchildren on field trips to a farm. Pony rides, feed goats and sheep, milk a cow, chickens, chicks and ducklings, llamas, etc. If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone into teaching. I really like working with the kids. I'm working at John Deere Landscapes in the warehouse but working on getting my wedding video business off the ground. I'm a real outdoors person. Hiking, camping, kayaking, boating, fishing, you name it. I've had my 9 y.o. cat, Whisky, since he was 1 1/2 and just adopted Oliver, who is 3, this last Thanksgiving. I got Oliver as a friend for Whisky but now Oliver won't leave me alone! I'm very much into Geneology and want to travel to Miller Co. and Osage Co. in Missouri (where my ancestors on my mom's side settled after coming from Germany.) I also want to travel to Germany and England to trace my roots.

That's about it, I think!

Keith

sydney the kid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HI !!!
My name is Lut , a Dutch name . I am 46 (old hey ...) and live in Lochristi , in Belgium . My husband is also 46 , and last sunday we had our 23rd anniversary ! We have two adopted kids . Jo , a boy from South Korea , is 17 . Our daughter Indra is from India , and she is 13 .
Pets ?? of course !!! Till July 22 of this year , we had Sydney , a black shorthair . She died before her second birthday because of a heart attack . This happened while we were on vacation ....
Now there is sweet little Maya , a 7 month-old calico , rescued from a shelter !
I do not work outdoors anymore . I used to teach in primary schools , but I gave that up to have more time to raise my kids ! As we can afford it , I won't go teaching again .
My hobbies : reading , chatting , surfing on internet ,traveling , and playing with my sweetie Maya !

edited on Febr.20 , 2003 : since October 2002 I have a new kitten , Inka !! She is a lovely long-haired kitten , probably a Main Coon .
I also forgot to mention our bunny Billie and guinea pig Jasper !!!

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm Rhea... and I'm an alcoholic.. :LOL: JUST JOKING!! :LOL:, sorry,... anyway, I'm 20 and have been married for just over 2 years. My husband and I share our home with 7 kitties and I'm sure plenty more furry friends will be added to the family soon (we can't help ourselves!!) I used to live on the South east coast of the UK, but since I married, I had to move to the Midlands where hubby's work is, I still get homesick, but am getting used to it.
I work as a Receptionist, and as Heidi said, its not my dream job, but it pays the bills
I am also studying Interior Design and hope to be qualified within (at the longest) the next 2 years.
We have recently moved house, so at the moment all my spare time is taken up with that! Some serious re-modelling being done! But when I'm not decorating, I'm mad on classic Lit and reading, I do a little cross stitch now and then but also LOVE to paint and draw - and ocasionally attempt to play my violin....:laughing:

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well...here goes.

My name is Mags. I turned 21 this year and with that event I got my first pet ever, Russell. I'm currently in my final year of Chemistry at university, though officially I'm taking a break before my final semester.

I live in Australia and there's never a day in my life where I'm not trying to squeeze too much into it. I love to swim and I bought my first bikini last week. I love reading Lord of the Rings, (again and again), David and Leigh Eddings, and I am somewhere in the queue waiting for the fifth installment of Harry Potter.

And my current goal, to get a clarinet one day so I can play again.

Ok, I'll stop now because I'm not good at talking about myself.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
G'day! I'm Tania and I live in Perth, Western Australia. I'm 28
and was born in Melbourne, Victoria. I spent from age 9 to 13 living in South Africa, where I became fluent in Afrikaans. I loved visiting all the game parks with my family, especially Kruger National Park. I'll never forget the beautiful animals and bushveld!

Hmmm...hobbies? I like doing tapestries, lego technic (I know, I know! lol), watching movies, hooning around on my moped, Chloe and, of course, spending time with my 3 furbabies. I support the local football team, the Fremantle Dockers and love watching them on TV if I can't get to the game. I'm soon to be a carer for orphaned and abandoned kittens, as kitten season is almost here in Australia. Click here to go to the place where I'll be posting all the pics and updates on every kitten, once they begin to come my way.

I hope I haven't bored you to tears writing all about me.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Lorie and I never tell anyone my age. I am divorced with one teenage son who I raised on my own and right now, just one cat. I work at a nursing home/hospital and live in one of those small towns where everybody knows everybody else's business. A few of my hobbies besides cats and computers are: gardening, drawing, needlepoint and cross-stitch.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My name is Christy and I'm 31 (32 in October). I was born in suburban Washington D.C., went to college in New Jersey, and came to the Cleveland area for graduate school. I am single, and share my life with Ivo, my ~2 year old tuxedo girl. I am a research associate at the Cleveland Clinic, studying bone marrow failure disorders. My hobbies include cross stitch, reading, cooking, antiquing (mostly just looking while my friend buys) and genealogy. I recently found a "missing" member of my Dad's family through an online site, so I've been learning a lot about his family I never knew. I love horror movies, "true" ghost stories and scary books-I guess that's the closest to an excitement junkie I'll get.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Barb,I am 33 years old born in New York, living in Iowa. I am happily divorced (engaged to a wonderful man now) I work in a restaurant, I agree with the others, not my dream job but the bills need paid! I have 5 fish tanks, and 4 cats, Twig, Rocket, Isis and Luna. No kids not planning on any either. My cats are my kids and I spoil them as I would kids. My family is scattered as my mom and step dad live in Texas, my sister and her family live in Ohio and my uncle and aunt live in New York.
My hobbies, fish and cats mostly. I also like to read on occassion. I collect Disney movies, and Eeyore things.
I can't believe I forgot my favorite thing to collect. UNICORNS! they are all over my house, don't know how I could forget!

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello
My name is Sabra (pronounced Saybruh) and I am 24 and a Gemini. I am 5' 7 1/4" with long brown hair.

I am a newlywed, married last November, and am dealing with some marital problems :indiffere No kids.

I have 3 beautiful kitties; Toonces (9), Patches (8) and Buttons (8)
You can see their picutres here:http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...light=Pictures

I also have two crazy, lovable dogs; Sam (1 yr., Boxer Mix) and Libby (2 yrs., Husky Mix)

My animals mean the world to me

I have my Bachelor Degree in Business Management which has landed me this terrific and wonderful receptionist job
. Like Heidi and Rhea, it's not my dream job (I actually hate it) but it pays the bills. My dream job would be in law enforcement.

I love to read and go to the movies and am anxiously awaiting for the next Harry Potter Movie and Book V. I loved Lord of the Rings and can't wait to start reading that series.