Cars!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As you all know my prelude broke down a few weeks ago. THe head was warped and we had that machined and fixed. Lee just spent another 300 on parts for it. He thinks we should sell it when it gets fixed (me too). Well I mentioned a 1997 Camaro Convertible that I have seen that is for sale that I want. Its got 91000 miles on it and it in super condition. Leather interior and an automatic and they are only asking 6,500 for it. It is worth almost 8 grand. We know the people and he said he would give some on the price so we could probably get it for 6 grand. I don't know what to do. The insurance wouldn't go up that much at all. My agent said maybe 30 or 40 more bucks a month. We can swing that. Yuck. I hate this kind of stuff. I want a new car but we can't afford that right now for sure. I have no credit at all so it all depends on getting a loan if we get the car anyways. So I guess I hope we get the loan!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say make friends with a good mechanic and ask him to come take a look at the car with you someday. If he can't find anything wrong with the engine then I would say you should probably get it. If the engine is still reliable then that's a great deal for a camaro.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it is as good as it sounds. I am going to look at it tomorrow. Then maybe take it to a mechanic if I like it after I drive it.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I hope it is as good as it sounds. I am going to look at it tomorrow. Then maybe take it to a mechanic if I like it after I drive it.
Wishing
that you can realize this goal to you!
keep us updated my friend!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a good deal on a camaro. My boyfriends mom has one and she spent $11,000 on it. They are not very good on gas though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to check the safety ratings and see if I can even get the loan on it so I am not getting my hopes up too high. Having no credit at all really hinders a person from getting a loan and I don't want to ask my paretns to cosign with me.