There Here!

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy! Faith had her kittens i didn't get on right away i was to busy watching them there so adorable! You just want to eat them, she lets us touch them etc. She was a great mommy they came out smoothly and fast, she limited my time lol
. She groomed them and cleaned them, she's eating better she gave me no warnings. She has been sleeping in the pen for a few days but she didn't show signs of contractions or anything. The vet said it happens all the time they just start appearing, i wen't in to feed her again and they were coming out. I got some pictures she had 5. No names yet
. So help me out

I'll get more later

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
DONT GO!!! What a tragedy I cant see the pics!

Congrats on the new babies though, im sure they are lovely!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats weird i can? I'll try threw a attachment?

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What gorgeous bubs!! I am in love with those Calico girls!!

Ive never seen mommy though, mind posting a pic whenever you can get you eyes off those wonderful babies?

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, there are very pretty babies. I'll try and get a pic of Faith soon my picture files are being weird.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hehe yup. 2 Calico girls, 1 tortie male, 1 grey male, and 1 white and black female
. 3 girls, 2 boys.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hehe thank you. I'm trying to decide on names

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful, I'm so jealous!

P.S. Kudos to you for being able to sex them at such a young age, even at 6 weeks I get it wrong sometimes!

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I could be wrong lol but i'm pretty sure the grey is male i'll have to check them again lol. I'm not certain until there older

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you SURE that tortie is a male??? Its very rare to get a tortie/calico male. Better go check again.

I'm guessing you have 3 females/2 males - the calicos and tortie are girls the other 2 are boys.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've had male calico's before i've never heard of being rare? Maybe just where you live but its not that hard here. I'll check him again but i'm pretty sure its a male.

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had also heard that most calicos are female and I did a little bit of research and found this on a cat myths page:

Myth: All calico (tortoiseshell) cats are female-
No, while the vast majority of calico cats are female, there is the occasional male. However, virtually all of these males are sterile. the calico colour is sex linked. For a cat to be calico it must have two X chromosomes ergo the cat is female. In rare instances however a male calico will be produced. This usually happens because the cat has an extra chromosome. So, instead of him being XY, he is XXY. These cats are known as Kleinfelter males.

* Approximately 1-3,000 calico's are male & out of those only 1-10,000 are fertile.

http://www.cat-world.com.au/CatMyths.htm

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very interesting information jkrodger. Thank You

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird if you have had several "male" calicos. In over 25 yrs of showing, I've only ran across TWO male calicos. One was a male calico cornish rex and the other was a bluecream male in the household pet classes.

I haven't seen your kittens, but I really doubt you've have that many male calicos. Kittens sometimes are hard to tell male/female.

I bred rexes and the one white kitten I had I thought was a male - really looked a lot like a little boy. Wasn't till he went to vet for 1st shots that my male turned out to be a female - boy was I embarrased as I should have looked better.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyPaws

I've had male calico's before i've never heard of being rare? Maybe just where you live but its not that hard here. I'll check him again but i'm pretty sure its a male.
It is VERY rare, every where, In my whole life I have never seen one, I have seen a picture of one that was a show cat, and he was the only one in their records of being a male calico. (he was a cornish Rex) So if you know any one who says they have one, they probley just made a mistake. Where do you live? and why do you say it isn't hard there? do you know of any that really are males? or just some one that made a mistake?
You could be right, it does happen, but I am betting it's a little girl.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Weird if you have had several "male" calicos. In over 25 yrs of showing, I've only ran across TWO male calicos. One was a male calico cornish rex and the other was a bluecream male in the household pet classes.

I haven't seen your kittens, but I really doubt you've have that many male calicos. Kittens sometimes are hard to tell male/female.

I bred rexes and the one white kitten I had I thought was a male - really looked a lot like a little boy. Wasn't till he went to vet for 1st shots that my male turned out to be a female - boy was I embarrased as I should have looked better.
That is funny you said you saw a male calico CR, I posted a picture here a long time ago of one, I wonder if it was the same one, LOL!

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is one Troy knows the owner they live out of state in Florida but he's a mature calico (around 4-5yrs old?) i think he might of been sterile because i know she breeds but he isn't a breeder just a pet.