Hi what will likely happen if I breed...

ragdoll4u

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi, what would likely happen If I was to breed a male lilac point that is a cocolate carrier himalayan to a black and white bi-color persian female that carries the color point gene whos mother was a calico
? Also if that same black and white female was bred to a seal point male? any thoughts you would care to share?
Thank you for your consideration....

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If bred with a lilac male what you get depends on what the cats carry. You can surely get black kittens, bi-color or solid.

If the female carries colorpoint you'll be able to get seal point kittens with or without white spotting and if the female also carries dilute and or chocolate you can get blue, chocolate or lilac, colorpoint with or without white spotting.

If bred to a seal point male you could get the same as above... if both of them carry the dilute gene, chocolate and if the female carries colorpoint.

Most like you'll get black kittens with or without white spotting.

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
BTW, the grandmother being calico won't have any affect on the kittens. Since the mother is not calico, she does not carry the red gene.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If these are persians, I really don't think you want to be breeding pointed cats to bicolors. As far as I know, a pointed/white persian is NOT an acceptable color in registration.

Why are you breeding these two together?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Following GK's post, the other question would be, would the kittens be registered as Himis or persians (yes, I know they would all be under the Persian class)? My guess would be Himis...like a Somali x Aby mating, all kittens would be registered as Somali...either way, the pointed kittens may be showable but the non- pointed will not!

Okay, I just checked the breed standards and actually, bi-colours are allowed...

Thanks, I learnt something new today!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is from the profile, I think you will find she doesn't care about standards for registered cats, or that she has a registered cat.

Biography:
I am ananimal lover, I breed purbred ragdolls as well as a cross mix of himalayan & Ragdoll.

BTW, rag4u, you never got back to us with the last litter you had posted about, was she pregnant? How many did she have? and were they rag/himmis or purebred raggies?
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82710

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ABys

Bi-colors are allowed in persians, but a POINTED bi-color is not allowed in persians. They did recently accept the tabby/white in persians as a color class.

I'm questioning why you are breeding a pointed cat to a bi-color. If you are talking about ragdolls - that's ok as you have both. But its not ok in the persians or the himalayans.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

ABys

Bi-colors are allowed in persians, but a POINTED bi-color is not allowed in persians. They did recently accept the tabby/white in persians as a color class.

I'm questioning why you are breeding a pointed cat to a bi-color. If you are talking about ragdolls - that's ok as you have both. But its not ok in the persians or the himalayans.
You're right! I don't know what I was reading in the CFA website...I must have been in the wrong section! (This is why I'm only doing red and ruddy abys!)
Forgive me!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Forgiven

what? only red/ruddy? no blue/fawn :p
Oohhh, the thought of doing the dilutes make me shiver with fear!!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you like me to send you a jacket

I've seen some very nice blues/fawns - they are a little different; but if I was to get an aby, I'd stick to the red/ruddy over the other 2 colors.

That's why I love the ocicats - and the "hot" chocolates cause they have more of the reddish undertones
You can tell the aby influence in the faces.