TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I need some suggestions for our guest that is comming in town next week please!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need some suggestions for our guest that is comming in town next week please!

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Well, Colin just stopped in for about 10 seconds on his break. He told me that one of his friends from Va Beach will be working at the base here in town next week and will be staying with us. (Colin was stationed there in the Navy before he came to TN a few years ago). Ok, so here's my question- lol, what on earth do i do? I've never had a guy guest before that wasn't family at Colin's house so i'm clueless as to what to do. I'm going to clean the house really nice before he comes next week...and I was going to look up a few guy friendly recipes and cook some nice dinners or them, but other than that, what do I do? The thing is- Colin works from 2ish-11ish at night, this guy if he's working at the base next week will likely be working in the morning time and be home in the afternoon...i have classes during the day but several breaks in between so i can come home and check on my foster kittens...and then I will probably be working a few nights next week at my job- so the guy will eithor be here when i'm here without colin here if that makes sense, or be here by himself. What would you suggest I do to make him feel more comfortable when Colin and I are out at work? Maybe leave some dvd's out for him or a little map of the local places around here? I'm clueless on this one. Any suggestions from those of you who entertain a lot of company? I have no more details right now about this person- i will ask Colin later so that I can get an idea of when he might like when I go to the grocery store. I dunno if he's married and bringing family with him or not- i think he's single? I'm also not sure about his age or anything or when he's comming in town. I will ask Colin. Humm..this should be interesting. I'm used to it just being Colin and I and not having to entertain anyone lol...any suggestions guys? What would make you feel more at home in someones home if you were out of town and away from your house? I also do not know if he's allergic to cats, so i will need to find that out - Colin said me and the kits were fine staying here though, so i'm assuming that's ok.
post #2 of 16
I would get some DVDs that is his taste and then tell Colin that he needs to help keep him entertained.
As for food--beer,nachos & cheese.......that kind of thing.
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I would get some DVDs that is his taste and then tell Colin that he needs to help keep him entertained.
As for food--beer,nachos & cheese.......that kind of thing.
Colin has a huge dvd collection- so i'm sure he'll be happy with some of those in there maybe that will work. I was going to make some Rotel for them, and have Colin leave out the PS2 for him to play with .....then I was going to try and hang out with my friend Renae a bit or just study so that they can spend some guy time together maybe? I dunno about anything else though. I might make Chili or Sloppy Joes for them or something like that...
post #4 of 16
That all sounds good to me!!!
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
cool! because I have no idea what to do- I never entertain much ( i would love to as far as small get togethers go- but i'm not used to having guests stay overnight) I'm going to make Colin help me fix up one of the guest rooms for his guest so that he will have a comfortable place to sleep/relax.
post #6 of 16
Is he going to have his own transportation? If so, then I like the ideas of getting local maps and brochures of things to see.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I would get some DVDs that is his taste and then tell Colin that he needs to help keep him entertained.
As for food--beer,nachos & cheese.......that kind of thing.
that is cool, along with if there is time, take him out to eat.
really it is his guest, let him take care of any extra fun things they may want to do.
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
Is he going to have his own transportation? If so, then I like the ideas of getting local maps and brochures of things to see.
I have no clue, but I will find out. Colin was like "Hi, I have a friend staying with us from Va. Beach next wee....love you, bye" lol....i will find out more later. If he's supposed to be working next week at the Naval base here- i imagine he's driving down, but i could be wrong. I'm also not sure if he has a family or not- i think he's single but i could be wrong. If he has a family, then we need to make room for all of them.
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
that is cool, along with if there is time, take him out to eat.
really it is his guest, let him take care of any extra fun things they may want to do.
That's what I'm thinking too...I'm probably going to have a girls night with renae one night to give them some guy time together if they wanted to do something special. Thanks for your input bruce- it's good to have a guy's view sometimes
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
. Thanks for your input bruce- it's good to have a guy's view sometimes
of course,you guys are kinda cool for women.
after all Guys know best

PS: just kidding
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
I have no clue, but I will find out. Colin was like "Hi, I have a friend staying with us from Va. Beach next wee....love you, bye" lol....i will find out more later. If he's supposed to be working next week at the Naval base here- i imagine he's driving down, but i could be wrong. I'm also not sure if he has a family or not- i think he's single but i could be wrong. If he has a family, then we need to make room for all of them.
DH has this tendency to drop news and then not supply details. He then has this dumbfounded look on his face when I don't seem to remember things the way he thought he told me (but didn't).
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
of course,you guys are kinda cool for women.
after all Guys know best

PS: just kidding
lol....be nice now.....or else
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
DH has this tendency to drop news and then not supply details. He then has this dumbfounded look on his face when I don't seem to remember things the way he thought he told me (but didn't).
isn't it wonderful when they do that ....
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
isn't it wonderful when they do that ....
It's why we love them - they provide a lot of entertainment or aggravation (at times I'm not sure which).
post #15 of 16
I say it's 50 50!!!!
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
yup definitely 50/50
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I need some suggestions for our guest that is comming in town next week please!