Anyone like to read romance novels?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you guys will find this hard to beleive, but I do find time to read when my fingers arent' typing away on here.........If you like to read too, I got a few thousand I could send you..
...I'm being overrun!! I just finished one about a family in the late 1800's traveling from VA to TX.....it was so good! I need to make a trip to the local resale shop to donate some to them.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I admit a fondness for Barbara Carland novels.
At least they tend to be historically and geographically accurate.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm being seiously overrun by books myself...and about 70% have fang marks!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on my mood. Mostly I like reading mystery or crime type novels. Lately I've been on a Lord of the Rings kick..mainly because I ran out of reading material and don't really enjoy rereading books. However I find that with the LoTR books I can reread them and still find new stuff that I had forgotten.

When I'm finished with books I usually take them to the local library and donate them.

Next week I want to go to the library and pick up some different books...as much as I like LoTR, I'm getting a bit tired of cycling through 3 books over and over and over, LOL

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love romance novels, nothing like a dirty, smutty book to make the evening fly by
I especially like the ones with Vikings

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got into Nora Roberts books recently! I love her books - they're just nice books with happy endings

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I read a lot of thriller, horror, sci fi etc, but I admit it! I get sucked in by the Romance genre several times a year at least. So easy to read, and yea, I enjoy the pretty fantasy picture they paint.
I prefer historical ones....

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read everything!! But I love a good romance novel on the metro ride home from work. My job is stressful and as an accountant it is very cut and dried. Credits equal Debits. So I don't want to have to think on the way home. Just a little light reading thank you very much.

Nora Roberts rocks!

I am on the third book of her The Circle Trilogy.

Tricia

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I know you guys will find this hard to beleive, but I do find time to read when my fingers arent' typing away on here.........If you like to read too.
i love to read, but i'm very particular about authors. all genres, but only particular authors in each genre. some of my favorite romance authors are Roberta Gellis, Nora Roberts, Rachel Gibson, Suzanne Brockmann, Linda Howard, Johanna Lindsay, Jennifer Crusie & Vicki Lewis Thompson.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i love to read, but i'm very particular about authors. all genres, but only particular authors in each genre. some of my favorite romance authors are Roberta Gellis, Nora Roberts, Rachel Gibson, Suzanne Brockmann, Linda Howard, Johanna Lindsay, Jennifer Crusie & Vicki Lewis Thompson.
oh gosh, Johanna Lindsey! I love her! I think that's where I got my Viking from!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I met Nora Roberts, she is a very funny lady!
Oh wow!!! That's cool!

The first book of hers I read was earlier this year, and it was just a random book I picked up at a supermarket because DH was working in Phoenix and I'd gone along as well and had some time on my hands.

I was HOOKED, finished the book that same day, and went on a hunt for the 2 remaining books in the trilogy, and finished those in the same week.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh wow!!! That's cool!

The first book of hers I read was earlier this year, and it was just a random book I picked up at a supermarket because DH was working in Phoenix and I'd gone along as well and had some time on my hands.

I was HOOKED, finished the book that same day, and went on a hunt for the 2 remaining books in the trilogy, and finished those in the same week.
My mother and best friend swear by her books!!! I met her to go get books signed for them, and she spoke to us all first, I was cracking up! I have yet to read her!!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love reading romance books, Nora Roberts AKA JD Robb, Laurell K Hamilton, Linda Howard to name a few. I like vamp, werewolf, contemporary and a like a few historical as well.

They over run my house. Once a month or so I make a trip to the red cross at the hospital and donate. People always want to give me their books but I've read so many there is a good chance I've read it before.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My reading habit is so expensive, I switched from buying used paperbacks to a library card years and years ago! I usually take out 8 to 9 books every 3 weeks - yes, I know - when do I have time! Anyway, I DO NOT READ ROMANCE NOVELS - aka "Bodice Rippers"! I love a good mystery, and if it's a cat mystery even better!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I'm being seiously overrun by books myself...and about 70% have fang marks!!!
My kits nibble to get my attention or when they are mad at me for not giving them enough attention.