I dont think i will ever understand....

2badkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok I have posted on here before about my cats peeing in the wrong places. Well they have really improved but I still have a slight problem. My cats will go i the litter box and I clean it everday, but when I leave soemthing lay on the floor they will pee on it. Why do they do that. You name it cloths, towels, blankets anything. I just dont understand. Are they telling me to keep things picked up or what? Please any advice is helpful...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first questions would be: 1) How many cats do you have? 2) How many litter boxes do you have? 3) Have UTI's been ruled out?

Often cats do not like to pee and poo in the same box. Ideally you should have 1 box for each cat plus 1 extra. We have 2 cats and 2 boxes and ours are fine with that fortunately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2badkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They were to the vets a littel big ago and my one was treated for bladder stones. I have 2 cats and one litter box. They have been sharing the same litter box for like 7 years..

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suspect the one with the bladder stones. Has she had medication? Do you think she needs more?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2BadKitties

They were to the vets a littel big ago and my one was treated for bladder stones. I have 2 cats and one litter box. They have been sharing the same litter box for like 7 years..
One of my cats after 3 years started doing his business outside the litter box. (for the first 3 years everything was fine) once I added more boxes, all outside elmination completely stopped.