I find the following link an excellent resource. I go there to ask questions and also to answer some that I have experience in. There are a number of forums for specialized problems and draw in people who have specific knowledge about the problems. Some of those people know through personal experience, others are medical professionals. However, the medical professionals are NOT allowed to state that they are medical professionals. I guess it's for legal matters.
They're a bit ban happy there, so make sure you read the rules about posting BEFORE you post. I guess it's easier for them to ban than to give warnings etc.http://www.healthboards.com/boards/index.php
Some of the main rules there:
1. Your username must be anonymous. For your username, do not register your real name or any part of your email address or a website name.
2. Do not register or post or reveal your past, current or future board topic or healthcare profession, in any way.
3. Members that forget, fail to read, or otherwise disregard the rules will NOT be sent warnings.
4. Posting off-board contact information of any kind for any reason, is NOT allowed. No exceptions.
5. Members may not post anything about other message forums/chats/boards/blogs.
6. Members may not use this website to discuss, promote, or advertise their own websites or webpages or blogs, which includes any kind of personal internet communication.