My father's sense of humor is often misunderstood..

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad and Step-Mom are Papillon owners and lovers. For their breeder for Christmas my father got her a mug with his stud's picture on it saying "Bear's Madam". I thought this was too funny for words, but a few of my siblings thought that it was a bit tasteless. What do you think?

Here's a link to what a Papillon looks like:
http://www.papillonclub.org/

They are known as the cats of the dog world.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if your family thinks thats tasteless they wouldnt last a minute at dinner with my family. for example..
my grandfather posted on the fridge the actual picture of his colonoscopy....telling us he was going to make it into christmas cards.
yeah thats an Urban for ya...take your pick hunny..you can have anyone of us. well except me...I'm not an urban lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

if your family thinks thats tasteless they wouldnt last a minute at dinner with my family. for example..
my grandfather posted on the fridge the actual picture of his colonoscopy....telling us he was going to make it into christmas cards.
yeah thats an Urban for ya...take your pick hunny..you can have anyone of us. well except me...I'm not an urban lol.
Now that's funny. I'd enjoy a Christmas card picture of a colonoscopy, and display it proudly on mantel.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Now that's funny. I'd enjoy a Christmas card picture of a colonoscopy, and display it proudly on mantel.
lol thats funny.
Might even look better than some of those families you get cards from..lol ok maybe that was harsh

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I know, I don't get what bears madam means
She arranges for Bear to mate with other female dogs. Similar to the way a madam would arrange for a man to have an encounter with a lady.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like a madam in a ***** house?
Ooops-posted at the same time!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She arranges for Bear to mate with other female dogs. Similar to the way a madam would arrange for a man to have an encounter with a lady.
AAAAAAAAAAAH, sorry I am a dumb blonde today

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Might even look better than some of those families you get cards from..lol ok maybe that was harsh
Oh that's too true!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats funny! I dont think its tasteless at all. Im sure the breeder will find it very humorous.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I didn't get it either, so don't feel bad!
Neither did I - I always figured a madam was a woman. I'd go with Bear's Pimp as well.

Oh and no I obviously don't think it's inappropriate!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Neither did I - I always figured a madam was a woman. I'd go with Bear's Pimp as well.

Oh and no I obviously don't think it's inappropriate!!!
You guys just gave me a good idea for a Christmas gift for my father! That's too funny!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You guys just gave me a good idea for a Christmas gift for my father! That's too funny!
Whatever about "Bear's Madam" enjoying her mug, the "Bear's Pimp" mug for your father sounds like a sure-fire winner!

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it's hilarious!

As for my family, nothing is sacred or too inappropriate for my Dad...the angel we have on our tree (and had all my childhood) was dubbed St. Enebrious (b/c she looked half lit and a little stoned, a fact kept from my brother and I at the time). I was in middle school before I learned that there was, in fact, no Saint Enebrious. My Dad called her the patron saint of excess. My Mom just rolled her eyes and laughed!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissintheSouth

I think it's hilarious!

As for my family, nothing is sacred or too inappropriate for my Dad...the angel we have on our tree (and had all my childhood) was dubbed St. Enebrious (b/c she looked half lit and a little stoned, a fact kept from my brother and I at the time). I was in middle school before I learned that there was, in fact, no Saint Enebrious. My Dad called her the patron saint of excess. My Mom just rolled her eyes and laughed!
He should have named it St Baccas! That's too funny!