HUGE fight with my sister today...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel just awful...

My sister wanted me to babysit a weekend coming up..and I can't because I have plans..

Well, she guilt tripped me which she always does..and so I told her not to guilt me and I was sick of our bitter family guilt trips ..(my mom and sister are famous for guilt trips)

And it BLEW up into her saying I don't care about my family, I don't care about anyone but myself and how she never wants to speak to me again

It ruined my whole day, and I feel awful about it. I emailed her an apology..Usually I am very stubborn in these cases but for some reason, I had this huge urge to make things right.

I hate this

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any siblings myself so I don't have any words of wisdom for you.

But here is a hug that things get better

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She needs to respect your plans and life. Just because you aren't at her beck and call doesn't mean you don't care about the family. I'm sure if there was an emergency you would be there.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nat! No sense beating yourself up. I know how important your niece is to you, and not being able to babysit once doesn't give your sister the right to dump on you.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your Sister needs to realize that you also have a life and sometimes plans can't be changed when she needs you. I would just say if she would make it for another time, you could watch her.
HUGS!!! And don't beat yourself up over this.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me like your sister expects you to be there at her beck and call! She has to realize that you have your own life and can't be expected to arrange it to suit her plans. However, I do understand how upset you must be! You want to please her, yet want to continue with your own plans! It;s very tough, but she has to learn that she can't expect everyone to drop everything just because she wants to do something! Can't she get a babysitter?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Your Sister needs to realize that you also have a life and sometimes plans can't be changed when she needs you. I would just say if she would make it for another time, you could watch her.
HUGS!!! And don't beat yourself up over this.
I agree with what Tammy said. Hang in there sweetie
ya'll will work it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well she just emailed me back, and all is well
She agrees that we both acted stupid this morning and that maybe we should talk about our "underlying issues" sometime..

But thanks guys, we are all good now

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am sorry to hear about that,

My response to my sister, if i said no the first time and she started trying to gulit me into watching them was,

"if you wanted free time dont make kids, not my issue"

i would and do watch them for her sometimes, but normally she would wait until like the day before to ask me.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i am sorry to hear about that,

My response to my sister, if i said no the first time and she started trying to gulit me into watching them was,

"if you wanted free time dont make kids, not my issue"

i would and do watch them for her sometimes, but normally she would wait until like the day before to ask me.
Good advice right there.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww!

Don't let it get to you. You're not her nanny and if you have plans... Go enjoy yourself! Tell her you're sorry but you've made other plans but maybe she can pick another day.