Fundraiser Snag - I need YOUR Help!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've hit a little bit of a snag with the fundraiser. Don't worry, the cookbook will come out later today
and 100% of the donations WILL go to a worthy animal welfare/rescue organization. The question right now is, which one?

I have attempted multiple times and ways (phone and email) to get ahold of the Humane Society of South Mississippi, and have not gotten any response from them. Because of this, we have now set up a separate PayPal fund so that we can go on with the fundraiser, which is administered by two of our Moderators (Gayef and myself). This is also so that we can keep you all updated about how much we raise, as well as giving us a better idea of how valuable this fundraiser could be for future recipients. (I had to be rather vague in the emails.)

So the question put to you, the members and the ones who have put forth so much effort for this fundraiser, is whether we should go ahead with sending the collected moneys to HSSM as advertised, or should we consider another charity that is more communicative/receptive to our donation?

I'll add a poll. Please vote ASAP as I need to finalize some things if we do change our recipient...

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still like to see the funds go to the Katrina-affected area, whether it is with the original charity or another one!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have to agree with Colleen. I would also like to see the funds still go to that area.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make that three. Although there are animals that need our help everywhere, Katrina was so awful that I would love to be part of helping them........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of our members is contacting a friend of hers in the Southern Mississippi area to see if there is another rescue that isn't advertised online.
Thanks, Neet!!

Details coming as soon as they become available.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with another Katrina affected area! You definitely want a shelter more responsive!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

One of our members is contacting a friend of hers in the Southern Mississippi area to see if there is another rescue that isn't advertised online.
Thanks, Neet!!

Details coming as soon as they become available.
No problem. Miss Belinda will dig out someone for us! Her daughter adopted two dogs from a shelter neat Hattiesburg, so they know someone I'm sure.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My vote is for the Katrina-affected area, but not HSSM. They had their chance and, to my mind, they blew it.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

My vote is for the Katrina-affected area, but not HSSM. They had their chance and, to my mind, they blew it.
My thoughts exactly.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted as advertised only because you did advertise it already, and while I hear that you have made many attempts to reach them, it seems to me that all avenues to reach them should be completely exhausted first. Again, only because you already advertised them as the recipient of the funds.

Personally, I support whatever the decision is, because you are doing a wonderful thing, regardless of the recipient.

I'm just being honest.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

No problem. Miss Belinda will dig out someone for us! Her daughter adopted two dogs from a shelter neat Hattiesburg, so they know someone I'm sure.
Miss Belinda! How Southern does that sound?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! She is as Southern as they get. Our mutual friend from PA has a really hard time understanding her in person and on the phone, so they usually IM each other!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that they had their chance-perhaps too disorganized or they didn't believe TCS??? I can't believe a shelter would turn down money!!
I think it still should be used in that area!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that HSSM blew their chance and I did vote for the Katrina animals BUT, I strongly believe that some of the funds should still go to HSSM as advertised.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I agree that HSSM blew their chance and I did vote for the Katrina animals BUT, I strongly believe that some of the funds should still go to HSSM as advertised.
I think that is an excellent idea, and a great compromise. We will definitely keep that in mind!