So now I have 3 cats

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About an hour ago I found a cat wandering outside in the cold. He was freezing and he looked a little undernourished so I brought him in. So far he has been getting along pretty good with my other 2 cats. I think he must have had an owner at some point because right now he is just sitting in my lap purring. He's not scared or nervous at all. I'm going to put up some posters and stuff and if no one responds in a couple weeks I guess I'll be keeping him.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, poor baby, that's great of you to take him in! one word of advice though, please get him tested before you expose him to your other cats, no telling what he might have

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful that you don't accidentally get your own kitties sick. You don't know the health history of this new kitty (ear mites, worms, Feline Leukemia etc). You might want to keep the new kitty away from your own babies until you can get him checked out by the vet.

I hope you do get to keep him
Poor little guy roaming around in freezing weather

edit: Ooops, cross post!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Awww, poor baby, that's great of you to take him in! one word of advice though, please get him tested before you expose him to your other cats, no telling what he might have
Yeah I'm going to take him to the vet for a some blood work and stuff as soon as I make a couple posters. So far he hasn't really had too much contact with my other cats. He seems to be more interested in me than the others right now.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think maybe he snuck out of his owners residence? Or does he look like he's a stray that was being fed by humans? Either way, I'm so glad you were able to save him from the cold.... just be careful about letting him in with the others until you've had him checked out by a vet. I'd hate for your babies to become ill from this new little one.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think he snuck out because I've seen him around before and every time he's just been wandering around aimlessly. He never seems to be in the same area.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww.... bless you for bringing that little guy into your home! If you can't find his family, I'm so happy to know that you'll be taking wonderful care of him!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little boy!! A kitty should not be wandering aimlessly in the cold
He deserves a nice warm lap!

Hope the vet trip goes well!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm back with good news. I doc gave him a physical and couldnt find anything other than a couple scars on his leg. He's going to call me when the test results are in.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Thanks. I'm sure he will make a great addition. I've always wanted a siamese
oh, he's a Meezer?? Meezer's are great

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

oh, he's a Meezer?? Meezer's are great
They are beautiful cats. I think he might be a himalayan siamese cross. He has the brown and black color of a himalayan but he has the face and eyes of a siamese. I love those beautiful blue eyes.