Shrinking pants on purpose?

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I just got some new jeans, they are almost a perfect fit, I just need to try and shrink them a little, im in between sizes right now so everything doesnt fit quite right.I think if I shrunk them they would be perfect!

But how do you shrink jeans? Hot water? Cold water? Im so confused, I never tried to shrink something on purpose before...lol.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, im going to try that now!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whatever water you use, just put them in the dryer on high and they are sure to shrink--unless I gain weight every time I dry my jeans???

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never dry my pants in the dryer!!! Nor most of my shirts/sweaters. I hang or lay flat to dry. Clothes shrink and get too short in the legs and arms and also get worn looking to fast in a dryer!! (that's were all the lint comes from)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I never dry my pants in the dryer!!! Nor most of my shirts/sweaters. I hang or lay flat to dry. Clothes shrink and get too short in the legs and arms and also get worn looking to fast in a dryer!! (that's were all the lint comes from)
Aren't they all stiff when you put them on?
I'd be really uncomfy if I were to air dry mine!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And where do you put all those things to dry flat?? I don't need wet clothes all over the place in addition to the usual clutter. And it sure is nice to put a pair of warm pants pulled from the dryer on these cold mornings.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually shrink the things I don't want to shrink... like my favorite sweaters, but never the sweatshirt that is a tad too big

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The best way to shrink jeans is put them in the dryer on high. In fact, this is a sure way to shrink almost anything.....Im very leery of putting the dryer on high as a result lol!

apric0t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently lost a bit of weight (about 20-25 lbs) and my size 5 jeans were rather on the larger size. They had never been in the dryer, so just popped them in there and voila! They fit perfectly now. But of course I buy a smaller size now when I buy new ones.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Alternating cold and hot is what shrinks cotton the most.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
What she said.