TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Petfinder down?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Petfinder down?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
Maybe its just me, but when I try to go on petfinder.com i get the "The page cannot be displayed" page- anyone else having a problem??
post #2 of 28
I didn't have problem pulling it up. Worked ok.
post #3 of 28
Thread Starter 
Strange, I've been trying all morning
post #4 of 28
Didn't work for me either, usually that's AOL screwing up so I tried on Internet Explorer and couldn't get it there either.
post #5 of 28
It's been down for me all morning, too.
post #6 of 28
Thread Starter 
ok, glad I'm not totally crazy
post #7 of 28
its not down for me..

I've actually never been to it, I think I'll go have a look now!
post #8 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove View Post
its not down for me..

I've actually never been to it, I think I'll go have a look now!
For reasons I have yet to understand, I look everyday like I need more cats
post #9 of 28
I just checked again and I can pull up the site but they do have a message for anyone having trouble.

We are experiencing some technical problems related to an update to our DNS records. If you are having trouble accessing the site please check back shortly.
post #10 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrap5 View Post
I just checked again and I can pull up the site but they do have a message for anyone having trouble.

We are experiencing some technical problems related to an update to our DNS records. If you are having trouble accessing the site please check back shortly.
Thanks!! I need my petfinder fix ASAP!
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
For reasons I have yet to understand, I look everyday like I need more cats
I was actually going to ask if you were looking for more FeLV+ kitties!

I can't access it either & it's been bugging me....
post #12 of 28
The petfinder pages are working for me sorry they are not for you hope you can get on the site soon
post #13 of 28
try http://www.petfinder.org that's how I got in. my friend told me that, though. I didn't figure it out for myself.
post #14 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I was actually going to ask if you were looking for more FeLV+ kitties!

I can't access it either & it's been bugging me....
Of course Luckily, there are none close enough to me to venture a try. After the month I've had, I DO NOT need more cats
post #15 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
try http://www.petfinder.org that's how I got in. my friend told me that, though. I didn't figure it out for myself.
they changed it to .org? that might be it! Thanks Krista!
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
Of course Luckily, there are none close enough to me to venture a try. After the month I've had, I DO NOT need more cats
Oh it's nothing you did to loose them. Just think about where they would be if you didn't take them in. How many kitties do you have now?

The .org worked for me to get in!
post #17 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Oh it's nothing you did to loose them. Just think about where they would be if you didn't take them in. How many kitties do you have now?

The .org worked for me to get in!
I know, but it still hurts I get so attached! I do think that if I didn't have them, they'd be stuck in a cage or worse that's basically the only thing that keeps me going! I have 13 at last count always subject to change

.org worked for me to get to the main page, but then when I did a searched it pooped out again
post #18 of 28
I always did the petfinder.org to go to their site.
I can go there NO problems!! I'm on it right now.
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
I know, but it still hurts I get so attached! I do think that if I didn't have them, they'd be stuck in a cage or worse that's basically the only thing that keeps me going! I have 13 at last count always subject to change

.org worked for me to get to the main page, but then when I did a searched it pooped out again
I had only opened the "main page" when I posted it worked for me. I just now clicked on shelter & rescue groups & it didn't work for me. I wanna see adoptable kitties!!!
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I always did the petfinder.org to go to their site.
I can go there NO problems!! I'm on it right now.
Oh sure! Rub it in!! I wanna look on Petfinder
post #21 of 28
I'm sorry!!!
Maybe if you tell me what shelter, the kind of kitty, I could look for you?
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I'm sorry!!!
Maybe if you tell me what shelter, the kind of kitty, I could look for you?
I do searches for leukemia cats, not that I'm really looking! I just like to see if any have been posted near to me but thanks though- there's always tomorrow!!!
post #23 of 28
Anytime!!!
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
they changed it to .org? that might be it! Thanks Krista!
no problem!
I'm not sure. ever since animal planet "adopted" petfinder it's been acting weird. I e-mailed the admin of the site earlier this morning and will let you know what they say.
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
I do searches for leukemia cats, not that I'm really looking! I just like to see if any have been posted near to me but thanks though- there's always tomorrow!!!
And what would happen if there was one near you?

So, have you re-set your personal limit of the nubmer of kitties you can have?
post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
And what would happen if there was one near you?

So, have you re-set your personal limit of the nubmer of kitties you can have?
I would probably call

oh yeah, my personal limit was 9, but that got blown out of the water 9, 13, what's the difference??? Gee, if I had healthy cats, think of how many I could have
post #27 of 28
the pet search is not working for me. how are animals going to get adopted if isn't working?
post #28 of 28
Petfinder still won't work for me! GRRRR.....I wanna see if any of hte cats I sent to a resuce have been adopted yet!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Petfinder down?