Election Day!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching a TV program last night about profiling, a word we hear a lot about lately, but one interesting profile was that cat owners were much more likely to vote than non-cat owners. Got any ideas on why this might be?

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

I was watching a TV program last night about profiling, a word we hear a lot about lately, but one interesting profile was that cat owners were much more likely to vote than non-cat owners. Got any ideas on why this might be?
Gets us out of the house for a few minutes?????

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Gets us out of the house for a few minutes?????

Yeah, gives us an excuse to not scoop litterboxes? Maybe cat-owners tend to be more educated

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All joking aside, I think that cat owners pay FAR more attention to detail that the average bear. How that kittens sets his foot down, is that a limp or a flinch. The way they squint their eyes when at the foot bowl, good or bad, the pause in the purr when you hold them just so.

...and I think we apply that same attention to everything.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Yeah, gives us an excuse to not scoop litterboxes? Maybe cat-owners tend to be more educated
well, with all the litter boxes you & Mike have I'd be looking for an excuse too!!!

ok, horrible to say, but I don't vote on the small elections. I just don't really like anything about any of them, and to tell you the truth, the thing that really burns me up is when you see these commercials trashing the other party and then in small print at the end it says paid for by democrats/republicans. Duh! Just sell me on YOUR good points, don't waste my 30 seconds by trashing the other person!!! I wanna know what YOU stand for, not what the other party did in college.... It's so annoying. I would be for someone who stood up & just said what they're for, what they've done wrong, and how they're going to change/fix it for the future. Just MO, that's all....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean micro targeting such as Target shoppers are mainly Democratic while Walmart shoppers usually vote Republican???
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal this morning about the influence of the Humane Society on voting. They have twice as many members as the NRA and are aiming at the suburban white women voters who may swing this mid-term election. It was an interesting article.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i'm not sure about the whole profiling thing, but I went out and voted today