Female cat is in heat - Brother was matting her

alejo_nin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Exactly as you read it...

little story behind this

i found two stray kittens and they appeared to be from the same cat, thus being brother and sister.

Everything was going perfect until 1 day ago, when the female, "TOMASINA"
has been doing strange noises, she used to make those noises before, but not as often as now...
I found about this yesterday while playing with her, now..the cats are all loose in the house while we're gone working
Now, this is what happened yesterday at around 11pm
She was making alot of noise, not the eery kind eveyrone talks about, but another one more beareable...she then had "sylverster" HER brother!! on top of her and i guess they were matting, coz she seemed to enjoy it...
i got them off as soon as i could, but kept wondering how many times could've this happened while i was away.
They're schedule to be neutered on sunday!! only 6 days away.
Being that i saw them matting, and guess in the last try i got them on time...what are the chances of her being pregnant? and if so, can i still neuterher and she won't have any babies?
i have 3 cats, and that's more than enough for me....it would be nice to have an experience at having newborns, but some vets have told me that "INCEST" is really bad in cats and that they might born with defects, like missing eyes, legs, and such.

Any advice on what should i do??

Thnx in advance

the godess bast

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
getting her sayed will terminate her pregnacy if she is pregnant so if you don't want mkitten then get her spayed in six day but get that male fix asap i had the same problem whith my last cat jynx and brightspot the kits were fine but the male became unmanigable hand had to be given to a new home

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should be okay to spay her, I would be keeping them apart until then.

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
and remember when you get her brother neutered that he can still impregnate a female for up to 4 weeks after, so make sure he doesn't get out!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alejo_NIN

Exactly as you read it...

little story behind this

i found two stray kittens and they appeared to be from the same cat, thus being brother and sister.

Everything was going perfect until 1 day ago, when the female, "TOMASINA"
has been doing strange noises, she used to make those noises before, but not as often as now...
I found about this yesterday while playing with her, now..the cats are all loose in the house while we're gone working
Now, this is what happened yesterday at around 11pm
She was making alot of noise, not the eery kind eveyrone talks about, but another one more beareable...she then had "sylverster" HER brother!! on top of her and i guess they were matting, coz she seemed to enjoy it...
i got them off as soon as i could, but kept wondering how many times could've this happened while i was away.
They're schedule to be neutered on sunday!! only 6 days away.
Being that i saw them matting, and guess in the last try i got them on time...what are the chances of her being pregnant? and if so, can i still neuterher and she won't have any babies?
i have 3 cats, and that's more than enough for me....it would be nice to have an experience at having newborns, but some vets have told me that "INCEST" is really bad in cats and that they might born with defects, like missing eyes, legs, and such.

Any advice on what should i do??

Thnx in advance
I think you have received the best advice which is to still go ahead with the spay for her.

Your vet is correct, sibling matings can lead to a greater chance of birth defects.

Welcome!!

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alejo_nin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I;m sorry for not introducing myself..
i'll do it in the proper forum

now, i should say that i was scared when it happened
i have 3 cats, and even tho i owuld like more...like everyone, is technically impossible to manage more than 3.

Anyways, as long as the pregnancy can be stopped, if in fact it did happen, then they're going to be neutered this weekend..

They're a completely sane and healthy brother and sister....just incest, is not somehting i had in mind...

alejo_nin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok, so i've had it
i can't stand it
can i let her mate with the boy cat? will she be pregnant even tho she will be neutered on saturday 11?

it wouldn;t matter anyways right? also they said they won't operate unless she;s no in heat....will letting her mate with the boy help that situation too?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just because he is mating with her doesn't mean she is in heat. He will mate her at anytime he feels like it. If he mated with her already, then she probably is prego and not in heat right now. Just keep them in two seperate rooms and play music to drown out the music. Classical music in the room that the male is in would probably be best.

Don't let them mate. Just hold it out for a few more days until they are getting neutered.

xylinda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
[i have 3 cats, and even tho i owuld like more...like everyone, is technically impossible to manage more than 3.
i

I have 5 cats and ALL of them are in optimum health and NONE go without the amount of love and affection they want /need neither is the bunny (who thinks she is a cat ) I ALSO am looking after my mothers cat and aside from a few litlle territorial issues there has been NO problem with "more than three cats"

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Xylinda

[i have 3 cats, and even tho i owuld like more...like everyone, is technically impossible to manage more than 3.
i

I have 5 cats and ALL of them are in optimum health and NONE go without the amount of love and affection they want /need neither is the bunny (who thinks she is a cat ) I ALSO am looking after my mothers cat and aside from a few litlle territorial issues there has been NO problem with "more than three cats"
I think if you read it again, she is saying like every one, she would like to have more, but three is her limit. "I have three and would like more.. like every one. But it is impossible for (me) to manage more then three. is how I took her post, not evey one can't manage more then three.
I think you just misunderstood.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Xylinda

i

Um I think you misunderstood her post there too. Sounds like 3 is her personal limit. Obviously she couldn't be speaking for everyone. I have 7 cats at the moment and sometimes the litterbox is overwhelming but I can manage just fine.

alejo_nin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hehe, is funny how you guys think i'm a "SHE" lol
i'm actualy a male, and all my life i've had respect for cats
i never had one because i've always had problems with my sinus, and i juts thought that a cat would make it worse, and besides..one day i was touching a cat and i got a big rash in my arm
it took alot of guts and a personal agreement with my wife...as soon as i developed any kind of allergies, they're out the door...it's been 5 months and they still here...so i guess is all good

junglebutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hehehehe They just assume because most of the people on these boards are female!!!

My mom was allergic to cats too but I brought in a cat when I was young she kept her in the basement then eventually she got to be upstairs. now my mom has 8 cats!!! I think the love for the furbabies overpowers the allergies!!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alejo_NIN

hehe, is funny how you guys think i'm a "SHE" lol
i'm actualy a male, and all my life i've had respect for cats
i never had one because i've always had problems with my sinus, and i juts thought that a cat would make it worse, and besides..one day i was touching a cat and i got a big rash in my arm
it took alot of guts and a personal agreement with my wife...as soon as i developed any kind of allergies, they're out the door...it's been 5 months and they still here...so i guess is all good
I really didn't mean to asume you were a woman,
like junglebutterfly said, most of the posters here are in fact woman, and I shouldn't have assumed, usually I try to say he/she. Sorry, LOL!
I tried to defend your post and point out that it was misread, and ended up insulting you,