My friend died tonight.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brads friend called the house and all I heard was"what? you're kidding?" so I asked him what was going on since it was 11 o clock at night. He looked at me and told me that "Al died a few minutes ago honey." Now I was thinking this was a friends dad and was upset but it turns out the it was my(our) friend so I am in shock. He was only 2 years older then I am. Brad is up at the ER right now, with everyone and I called another friend of ours to tell him so he could go up there. I wish I would've gone up with him. I can't stand the not knowing. I need to know why and how. All I know at this point is he was having trouble breathing so they called the ambulance and by the time they got to the ER he had passed away.
I swear I've spend about $300.00 now for flowers for different funerals in the past year. I'm beginning to worry about who's going to die this month, ya know?
I just am in shock I guess. This is scaring me seriously. Now it's been two of my circle of friends, and various loved ones, I just want to call my mom and talk to her but I don't want to bother her and heck what do you say? " Sorry to wake you but a friend died and I just wanted to make sure you were ok?"
Now that's strange. They say everything happens for a reason. Well can someone tell me what this one is?
Oh Lordy I could give my eye teeth for a cigarette right now.
Looking at the thread title still seems like a bad dream I can't wake up from.
I wish Brad would come home.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Call you mum now, she'll understand why you need to talk to her, that's what mum's are for.

I'm so sorry to here about the loss of your friend - it's always that bit more heartbreaking when they're young and it's sudden.

Higs to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Call you mum now, she'll understand why you need to talk to her, that's what mum's are for.

I'm so sorry to here about the loss of your friend - it's always that bit more heartbreaking when they're young and it's sudden.

Higs to you.
Thank you. Like I said, I feel like I'm in a dream I can't wake up from. I am crying from reading your reply. My kitties don't understand why mom is up so late and crying to boot.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, Barb. I'm so incredibly sorry. I agree, please do pick up the phone and call your Mom. It's times such as these when you need her most. If the tables were turned, you would want her to call you, wouldn't you? Death is absolutely a concept I find completely impossible to comprehend. Again, I'm so, so very sorry. Bless you.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another vote for calling your Mom. Times when we're feeling fragile are just what Moms were made for. She'll want to be there for you.

I'm sorry about your friend. It really hits hard when it's a contemporary doesn't it!
to you. Peace.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I agree, call your Mom...she will understand, and be glad you called to let her comfort you and that you wanted to see how she was.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barb, I'm terribly sorry to hear this...........RIP to your friend........

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its really hard to cope with such a loss. You know we are all here to talk whenever you log on!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must have been very shocking news..I am very sorry for your loss. I am sending many prayers to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand about the nightmare bit - you just keep hoping it is all a bad dream. I am so sorry about your friend - it is a terrible shock when friends of your own generation die - it hits us on so many levels. But do call your mom and anyone else you feel you need to talk to - that is what friends and families are for.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.
you and your friend's family will be in my thoughts and prayers. please take care of yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words.
They still aren't sure what happened to cause him to pass away. Brad called me at 3 and told me that the coroner just took his body and that he was going to talk with his friends. When he came home we just held each other and I cried.
He is just going thru the motions today. Me too. I feel terrible that we both have to go to work today. But it's a part of life I guess. I just wish they knew what happened.
It's all unreal. I mean, we just buried my friends dad 3 weeks ago, and now another one? It's so hard and so draining. I hardly slept, I don't know what to do to help Brad get through this. I keep thinking about it over and over. Ya know something? I can't WAIT to get this year over. To many deaths in to little time.
I'm not good with this.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know just how you feel - I've been to at least 5 wakes/funerals this year myself, and one of them was one of my very best friends (killed on her motorcycle) and another was for a 6-week old daughter of another friend of mine who was killed in a freak accident when a tree fell on mom and baby while walking on a nature trail in NH. Mom was ok, baby was killed almost instantly. They shouldn't have to make caskets that tiny!

I know exactly what you are feeling right now, and all I can say is hang in there, and do NOT feel badly about wanting to connect with those that you love, like calling your mom at 11 at night just to say you love her.

Grief affects us all differently, but it affects us ALL. I'm here for you if you need to talk.