I have a problem need advice

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is slightly embarasing. But anyways I have a lump down there.
If You get my drift. Its not on the outside. You dont see it if you look. But you can definatly feel it if you put pressure where it is and it hurts like crazy. At first it was really small but not its about the size of a pea. I have a docotrs apointment next week but I dont know if I should go sooner. Its been there for about 2 weeks. It keeps getting bigger though. Any ideas at what it could be. I will definatly ask the doctor but I want to know if you guys think I should go sooner. Or just wait. John says I should go now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

It could be a cyst, I think My sister-in-law had one there, why not take a look online about them, is it real hard or moveable?
Its hard and not moveable. It almost feels like its attached to something. Like the bone or something.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I would defently have the Dr look at it, sometimes they come from hair follicles, sometimes there skin cysts, there are several differet kinds. If your real concerned then maybe you should go, with my luck I probably wouldn't get another appoinment untill after the one I had in a week

I want to say I was so sorry to hear about your Sweet Bagherra it left me in tears, I hope you are holding up ok, he is in a grand place, and I know how hard it is, and how much they are missed.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Well I would defently have the Dr look at it, sometimes they come from hair follicles, sometimes there skin cysts, there are several differet kinds. If your real concerned then maybe you should go, with my luck I probably wouldn't get another appoinment untill after the one I had in a week

I want to say I was so sorry to hear about your Sweet Bagherra it left me in tears, I hope you are holding up ok, he is in a grand place, and I know how hard it is, and how much they are missed.
I was reading about cysts it really doesnt sound like its one. I'll definatly call the doctor tomorow. It seriously hurts bad. If I move a certain wy it gets smashed somehow and it shoots pain. I wasnt to worried until it started hurting like this. Plus it kept growing. It HURTS!

Thanks it is really hard not seeing his cute little face. Not hearing his baby meow. He never got a big cat meow. It was so cute. I'm doing ok right now. But if I think about it to much I start crying again.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should go and get into see your doctor before next week. There is no reason to go to the emergency room. Just call and move up your appointment to see your doctor in the next day or two.

I don't want to alarm you, but what you describe sounds like it could be a herpes lesion, and if you are pregnant and planning on a natural vaginal birth, it's important that the doctor know if you have herpes before you give birth to prevent it being transmitted to the infant upon delivery.

Herpes lesions feel hard. They can hurt and burn and itch too. Sometimes there are no symptoms. Your doctor will be able to determine what it is by visual inspection and by taking a swab of any discharge from the "lump".

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's always hard talking about problems "down there"

That's the good thing about online - nobody knows you

If it's painful and getting worse, I'd try to get in sooner...

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You should go and get into see your doctor before next week. There is no reason to go to the emergency room. Just call and move up your appointment to see your doctor in the next day or two.

I don't want to alarm you, but what you describe sounds like it could be a herpes lesion, and if you are pregnant and planning on a natural vaginal birth, it's important that the doctor know if you have herpes before you give birth to prevent it being transmitted to the infant upon delivery.

Herpes lesions feel hard. They can hurt and burn and itch too. Sometimes there are no symptoms. Your doctor will be able to determine what it is by visual inspection and by taking a swab of any discharge from the "lump".
Oh Yuk! But arent they usually on the skin? This isnt on the skin or any where near the skin really. It has a layer of I guess fat. I dunno not really fat. But its ot right under the skin. Up until yesterday I had to press down to feel it.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

It's always hard talking about problems "down there"

That's the good thing about online - nobody knows you

If it's painful and getting worse, I'd try to get in sooner...
Exactly. The onyl one who knows aboutit other then me and well you guys is John and only him because he was the one who found it. I really hope it isnt herpes. I know John doesnt have it and I dont know about Stan though. I know he hadnt done anything before we did for the first time. But afterwards who knows.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may not be above the skin, yet.

Only your doctor can give you a definitive diagnosis because she can look at and feel the lump.

However, what you are describing sounds to me like it's a herpes lesion, especially when you say that it hurts and if you sit a certain way it hurts more.... a herpes lesion may be small, but the pain they can cause is incredible because the genital area has so many nerve endings.

One thing about herpes is that so many people have it and don't know they have it because they are symptom free or ignore the symptoms that they do get. Genital herpes is really an epidemic.

I'm a nurse and I'm not at all shy about talking about this stuff, hehe. I know there are children who read these boards so I have not gotten graphic and named body parts
"Down there" works just fine