Gaining weight stinks...

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got back from jeans shopping and had to accept the fact that I've gone up a size. I don't know if I'm just at the age where my metabolism is slowing down, whether its because I'm married and comfortable now or a little of both.

Seriously though...I miss being really skinny. This having a belly and a dimply booty thing is for the birds.

I will say this though, and I'll never tell her I admitted it but my mother was right. I'm finally glad I'm really tall because I can carry the weight better than someone shorter. Shhhhh! Don't tell her!

Anybody else hating those extra pounds???

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I've always been a little thick, that's just how our family is built, but I have put on weight since HS graduation- boy if I could get back to my high school weight! I used to think I was so fat back then, but turns out *gasp* I wasn't
I'm fine with the way I am, but wouldn't mind losing a bit, but that would require actually doing something about it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

but wouldn't mind losing a bit, but that would require actually doing something about it
That's me. I get all self conscious and judgemental about where the extra pounds have gone and start talking about going to the gym, but then five minutes later I'm in the kitchen prowling through the cabinets for a snack.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gained sooooooooo much weight!! I hate it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

That's me. I get all self conscious and judgemental about where the extra pounds have gone and start talking about going to the gym, but then five minutes later I'm in the kitchen prowling through the cabinets for a snack.
I was going to buy an elliptical trainer to have at home, cause I honestly have no time to go to the gym, but of course my car needed repairs and then Ismene got sick
Money?? what money?? Oh well, maybe when I win the lotto... of course winning it would require playing, but that's just a small detail

junglebutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sooo know where you are coming from...

1. in may I got married out of state so we ate out for a week while travelling.
2. then was the honeymoon 2 weeks of eating out.....
3. 2 weeks after getting back for the honeymoon we traveled to Maine on business for 10 days....
4. right after getting home from maine we started house hunting
5. bought a house that needed fixed up and didnt even have a stove to cook on
6. stayed up late nights working on the house fueld by mountain dew full throttle doughnuts and fast food....

yeah this is aweful I am just now finished with the house and stuff enough that I have time to start working out again

Need a workout buddy???

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I was going to buy an elliptical trainer to have at home, cause I honestly have no time to go to the gym...
That's what I was thinking of doing too, but I'm going to have to save my money. All of the cheaper ones on Amazon have HORRIBLE reviews. I guess you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by junglebutterfly

Need a workout buddy???
If only Indiana was closer!

junglebutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we should have a workout buddies accountability thread

that way you can post what you have done for the day and get yelled at for slacking off

i dont know about you but i do much better in a situation where i am part of a group trying to achieve the same goal

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
god hates skinny people!!!! he wants all to be fat.

lol at least i feel that way when i walk past some cheese cake.
sometimes i want to yell form a very tall buliding give me death!!!! or give me chesse cake

man , i only lost 1 pounds in 3 weeks(229 that is down from about 370) it sucks.
i swear every morning i expect to see rabbit ear, or wake up with the cats trying to chew off my cotton tail.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junglebutterfly

we should have a workout buddies accountability thread

that way you can post what you have done for the day and get yelled at for slacking off

i dont know about you but i do much better in a situation where i am part of a group trying to achieve the same goal
Yes, but I'll be honest...I know me. I would fib and tell you I was doing sit-ups while I sat on the couch eating chips and dip....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

sometimes i want to yell form a very tall buliding give me death!!!! or give me chesse cake

man , i only lost 1 pounds in 3 weeks(229 that is down from about 370) it sucks.
i swear every morning i expect to see rabbit ear, or wake up with the cats trying to chew off my cotton tail.
weight is so easy to put on, but soooo hard to take off isn't it?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep I hate it..I used to be a stick figure back in high school..then in college I gained some weight...now I am kind of bottom heavy which I HATE..and I have for some reason been eating nonstop lately...junk food too!!

They say dimply bottoms are genetic though, so its not our fault dammit!!! Everytime I come home from the gym, I check out my own butt and they are not going away

I don't know whats going on

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a stick in high school too... (31 yrs ago!!)
Last week Dr Oz was on Oprah and he published a new book (You on a Diet)
He and is MD co-author have several good ideas for changing your eating and losing weight and not being dependent on the scale. I'm not to far into the book yet but is a good read so far!!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a while I lived with three guys, and I was really broke so I could only occasionally afford to buy food; the guys would eat what food I did buy (it didn't matter that I labelled it as mine, or tried to hide it -- unless it was physically locked in my room, it would be gone in a day) and, as a result, I lost a lot of weight very rapidly, and I hadn't been terribly overweight to begin with. I would go for days without eating, not because I was trying to lose weight, but because I simply didn't have the money to buy food (or what food I did buy disappeared before I could eat it). Anyway, when I moved out and got my own place (and a job) I was able to buy food that only I would eat, and since I was lazy and tired all the time, the only food I bought was heavily processed, microwavable stuff. What's more, I sat all day at work and I'm not terribly active when I get home at the end of the day. All the weight I'd lost came back in a flash ... and then some.
I am now close to a hundred pounds over my ideal BMI, and I'm just not happy with that. So, about four weeks ago, my FI and I joined Weight Watchers. Since then, I've lost 8.8 lbs (he's lost 20!), we're eating great food, and I no longer feel exhausted at the end of the day. It'll take a while before I'm down to my ideal BMI (around 103-123 lbs, for my height), but slow weight loss is healthy weight loss and will be easier to keep off -- I hope.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a size 4/5/6 for over 20 years. Hit 36, quit smoking, gained 40 freaking pounds and many clothing sizes. Now I'm a 10/12/14 depending on the clothing maker.

I still find myself going to the small sizes first, then I have to correct myself and go for the bigger stuff.

And I'm only 5'2" so I do NOT carry the extra weight that well, although I'm at least fortunate in that I gained equally all over. Went from a 34B to a 36C. That didn't stink that much.

Oh well - life is too short to worry that much about how I look. As long as I feel good about who I am, that's all that matters.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
little over a year ago, i was laying around in bed, looking at the row of pills the doc gave me,most of which i refused to take anyway. and being almost 400(370 close enough)
feeling sorry for myself and in pain. between my back and weight, it was all i could do just to get to the computer, and to work. I never changed my eating habits after breaking my back so i kept the same habits. I always gained weight fast, even when working out and being active. Now that i was just laying around being a slug, My weight went sky high.

Being stuck at home, and in active was not the way i wanted to live, sure things where hard, i started losing diet, No fast food, No milk in the house if i wanted milk i got one thing how i was out. no lunch meat or cheese, It been a long process. Now people think i am fine, or to skinny, being tall helps in this. But really it something you have to want for you. not for you husband, or bf, etc. But so that you feel good about your self, if the weight you feel good is 100 or 200 who cares, its all about how you feel about the person looking back in the mirror.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! Tell me about it...I haven't "Gained" weight, but went blobby. So the size 8 pants that were a little loose are now uncomfortably tight.
Somehow I'm finding time to stuff my mouth between working full time and going to school 4 days a week.

So luckily the local gym had a special going on, joined in and go work out for 30 minutes every other day. I joined that on Friday and have been 2 times since. My plan is to work out 3-4 days a week and stop stress eating.
Especially since the holidays are coming up and I always pig out then.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

you are TOO FUNNY!!!!

Welcome to the world of the chubbies.... I am not a plus size person, but chubby in my own right. And yes, Emily, be thankful you are tall....I am 5'2". And while i can carry my weight pretty well, I am not thin/trim/slender/toned/muscular or skinny. I am soft & rounded, jiggly, and dimply, and while alot of guys like this shape of woman, I do not. And even in HS, when my cheerleading skirt was a size 5, I still had such a booty that it would stick out the back of my skirt.