insane leaps?

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello

Just afew days ago i found one of my cats sitting on our sheds roof which is 9 feet high! The only way to get up there is by climbing it (wood)

THe crazy thing is when my cat saw me and I called him I was epecting him to climb down but he didnt even bother he actually JUMPED! thats a 10 foot drop and he cleared it like it was nothing and came running over to me.

Is this cat just abnormal or do other cats do this? I have never seen a cat make such a leap before even when climbing down trees they never just jump

Another strange thing about this cat instead of going under our five foot fence to get in our yard like all the other cats do he actually CLIMBs OVEr it! U would think that would be painful on his claws/toes ekk

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats are extremely limber and sure-footed. I've seen even one of my kittens chase some small creature up a tree and suddenly let go and jump down. It is scary to watch until you see them walking towards you looking proud like they're telling themselves "that was fun and easy"

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an indoor only cat but he long ago reached the top of the fridge and there is only a few places left in the house he has not made it to yet but then he is less than 7 months old. One thing I have learned is that you NEVER say something like "Oh, he will never be able to get up there"!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

One thing I have learned is that you NEVER say something like "Oh, he will never be able to get up there"!
Too right!

I remember thinking, when we first brought our little lad home as a wee kitten, that the top shelf of the bookcase would be a safe place to put things out of reach, at least until he was a bit bigger. He had got up there within a week, despite being so tiny!