Do you slouch or sit up straight?!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a sloucher

I catch myself a million times a day too! I'll sit up straight and then about .74 seconds later I'm back slouching!

It drives me nuts!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I slouch now. I used to not. But ever since I got pregnant I slouch all the time.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have pretty good posture, I sit up straight, I get a backache when I slouch!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a sloucher too. It partly comes from a back injury I think. Plus the girls are heavy. Sitting up straight, I actually end up in more pain. Well really it's a pain one way or the other. I guess slouching I just experience a bit less.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'm a sloucher too. It partly comes from a back injury I think. Plus the girls are heavy. Sitting up straight, I actually end up in more pain. Well really it's a pain one way or the other. I guess slouching I just experience a bit less.
SAME here!!!!!!

I actually had to get some x-rays to find out that I have the beginnings of arthritis in my lower back! And I'm only 24!!!

My doctor was shocked because I have a fractured vertabrae in my upper middle back and I haven't had any back injuries. I personally think it's from slouching, heavy girls
, and cracking my back in all kinds of weird ways!

If I try to sit up straight for too long my back just kills!!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a ballerina for years- so I usually have good posture- but every once in a while i'll catch myself slouching -especially when I watch tv and hang out on the couch- so I try to correct myself.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking about this! How weird.

I slouch. I don't realize I do it, but then I see a picture of myself or something and think, "Ew. I should really stand up straight." So I make a conscious effort to do it for a while. Until I forget of course and the whole vicious cycle starts over again!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am slouching right now...darn you caught me.. It is so much easier to slouch, although I know it is awful for me..

I try to straighten up when I catch myself slouching..

This past weekend, I went to my cousins wedding and his bride was slouching..it looked awful with the wedding gown...I hope thats not me at my wedding....eeeeeeek, I better shape up.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At my desk I have my chair really low, I'm talking maybe a foot off the ground, so I'm kinda forced to sit up straight up to look at the computer screen
When I stand I always stand straight, makes you look so much better!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever position that causes the least pain to my back - and it appears to be a slouch.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hee hee ... I sit up straight at work, because when I sit up straight my head and shoulders block my monitor.
Seriously, though, I've always had good posture; people used to comment on it when I was younger, that I made myself seem taller by always sitting and walking straight and tall. (I'm barely over 5' tall ... I'll take whatever I can get!)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a sloucher. Sometimes I sit with my back right against the back of the chair, but I slouch forward with my shoulders a bit. Other times I sit a bit forward in my chair and lean back and slouch "backwards" hehe.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

I'm a sloucher

I catch myself a million times a day too! I'll sit up straight and then about .74 seconds later I'm back slouching!

It drives me nuts!
That is SOOO me!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I slouch all the time. Pretty soon I'm going to look like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I slouch all the time. i have rounded shoulders from doing it my whole life. Sometimes I make an effort to sit up straight but the I feel like my head and neck are jutting forward!