Upcoming Dr.Phil episode about a women feeding cats

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen one preview, and from what I could understand her neighbors are upset that she is feeding a local colony. I could be wrong though, it was over really fast.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmm i havent heard about it yet have to watch more TV so i know what is going on LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The neighbors are poisioning her cats, but I think she threatened to kill her neighbors if she caught them poisioning her cats. So i guess thats why Dr.Phil gets involved.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anyone know if these cats are part of a TNR effort and if they're fixed or not? Or if it's a TNR feal colony? If her neighbors are complaining- she needs to rehome the colony (which can be very tricky to do- but it's not impossible).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt Dr.Phil will know anything about TNR, this seems more of a neighborly issue. I dont know I never saw a dr.phil episode involving animals?

Most likely the cats will be euthanized or something, how can 250 cats be socialized?

Who knows we will have to wait and see the episode.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The comercial shows her holding a few of them.But, most of them are running around her house.I can NOT imagine that many cats.I love cats,but that is WAY too many!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've watched Dr Phil for a while and I know he is a "cat" person. I hope that he brings someone out who will do justice to these babies.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dr Phil did do an animal show once, with someone with dog incontinance problems. Phil's solution? Chuck the dog in the backyard. So I refuse to watch his show anymore.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

Dr Phil did do an animal show once, with someone with dog incontinance problems. Phil's solution? Chuck the dog in the backyard.
I'm sure Oprah loved that! She's the reason he has a show. She has 2 chocolate cocker spaniels if I'm not mistaken, so telling someone to toss out their dogs probably wouldn't go over very well with Oprah!

I don't watch Dr. Phil either. However, a woman looking after 250 stray cats in her home is not exactly normal behaviour. I can see however that someone with a soft heart who was feeding a few strays in the neighbourhood could quickly end up with dozens of strays as word got around the kitty community that there was free food at so and so's house

She either has severe mental problems or she's just a very kind soul who can't bring herself to report all of the strays to the humane society for fear of them being killed.

If anyone does watch his show and sees this episode, maybe they can post here and let the rest of us know what the whole story is.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he has a website that we could find out the day of the program??