Elvis fans

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your favorite Elvis song? That''s a hard question because I like almost all of his but my favorite is Love Me Tender. I love the movie too. I cried so hard during it

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like his version of "Peace in the Valley", "Kentucky Rain," "Loving You"...but me being a native Memphian....there isn't much by Elvis that I don't love! I'm a huge fan. Oh, and one more question.....

How are you gonna make a Memphis girl choose her favorite Elvis song??? That's sooo wrong!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe one day I will get to go to Graceland and we can have a meetup then. And I have always heard that Memphis has great shopping. Even if I am a bit afraid to go there my uncle went and his car was stolen and he was mugged.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Suspiscious Minds.

And Memphis is GREAT! Be sure and hit Beale Street! Do they still have Mud Island????

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been, well other than passing through with my dad or ex boyfriend, in any city bigger than Clarksville, TN and I think that has something to do with my fears. I have gone around Nashville and to Opryland but that's about it. But I would really like to go there some day.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Suspiscious Minds.

And Memphis is GREAT! Be sure and hit Beale Street! Do they still have Mud Island????
Yup, we still have Mud Island

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, I forgot - you GOTTA go to the Peabody and see the ducks!
The guy who trains the ducks is a real jerk though...so avoid him. / But the ducks are always fun to watch- make sure you go during the right time of day when they are out

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Maybe one day I will get to go to Graceland and we can have a meetup then. And I have always heard that Memphis has great shopping. Even if I am a bit afraid to go there my uncle went and his car was stolen and he was mugged.
Memphis is fun...but you have to be safe- it's one of the most violent cities in the nation. Graceland is fun too- but it's in a really bad part of town, so you don't wanna go by yourself
. A lot of tourists have no clue about that when they come to down and get mugged or their cars jacked because they don't realize that Graceland isn't in the best area. They do have tours that go together in groups to graceland- and that's pretty safe
. It's definitely worth seeing though- so is the Lorraine Motel (where Dr. Martin Luther King was assaniated), and Sun Studios. Beale Street is fun too as are the other shops and resturant near there
/ I know beale street like the back of my hand - I used to go at least 5-6 times a week to record shows downtown
it's soooo much fun- and the music scene is awesome!

katiaiken

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I may be only 13, but BOY do I LOVE ELVIS! My favorite singer though, Clay Aiken, did a cover of Suspicious Minds & Great Balls of Fire! Those just happen to be my favorite Elvis songs, too!

And also, I haven't been to Graceland or Memphis, but I've been to Nashville where you just see country singer after country singer everywhere you go!! Lord, I swear they must of had some kind of celebrity meeting!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has there ever been anyone sexier?...Oh MY

I love all the typical Elvis songs..But I also love Lawdy Miss Claudy, Fever,I JUST CAN'T HELP BELIEVIN',SANTA CLAUS IS BACK IN TOWN, Oh I could go on and on. Loved the Aloha from Hawaii special and 68 comeback special, have them both on tape.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nope. Young Elvis was about the purtiest thing I ever saw.
And he had that polite southern boy thing going. And that is just adorable

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Elvis!

My fav songs are "Can't Help Falling in Love" & "American Trilogy"

See I even had to pose with a cardboard cutout of "The King" on my wedding day

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liek Aint Nothing but a Hound dog. Its the only Evlis song I know.
I only know it because I sing it to my beagle.