My mom is so inconsiderate sometimes

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I told my mom that Lee is coming home. She said he is a quitter. HIm coming home because he is miserable and doesn't want the job because it isn't what he thought it was going to be makes him a quitter? Why should he stick it out for 9 months wasting not only his time but the companies time and money when he doesn't want to keep the job when he gets back the the USA? All the money in the world can't buy happiness. He isn't happy he should be home with us where he is happy! Then she said that now i will have to clean my nasty house!
Yes my house is a mess. But I have not had the chance to clean it since my weekend was full of things to keep my mind off Lee being gone. How dare she say my house is NASTY!
Its my house and I know its messy I will tell anyone that but it isn't her place to tell me that after she just insulted Lee so rudely!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would really make me mad too. She's your mom, she should support you & Lee during anything, especially during a hard time like this!
And about your house - thats none of her business, she doesn't have to live there!!

to you Brandi

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moms do that though. I can't tell you how many times I've had to hear it from my family about "B".

Besides, my mom use to do that to me too...i.e. I would hang a heavy picture where a stud was in the wall, but it would be slightly off center. That would drive my mom nuts and I'd hear it "When are you going to fix that picture?".

Just keep in mind she comes from a different era where the "man" usually takes care of the "woman" no matter what the job is. Heck...I feel bad for my dad. He stuck it out with a job he hated while I was in college (for Bachelor's)
Heck, I'm even trying to last where I'm at now, until I'm done with my Masters!

If you two are comfortable with just one income for a little bit then by all means take advantage of it!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry she is being so rough on you right now.Yes, it is your house and your DH, she shouldn't worry about why he's coming back...........just that he is coming back to be with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks she was out of line to say those things. She already knows that I am an emotional wreck and her saying those things doesn't really help. She knows we would have both loved to have him stay and keep the job and it be everything he wanted ti to be. But the fact is that its not and he has made up his mind and nothing anyone says can change that. He is a grown man and doesn't need anyone to make decisions for him.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Money can NOT buy happiness and if he is miserable, then he should be home with you!!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry your mom said those things to you. :hug: and your right money can't buy happiness. And if he isn't happy then he should come home. :hug:

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeesh, come on Mom.......have a little tact. Sorry yours was lacking some at that moment!! My mom has been known to do that from time to time without thinking...............

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Yeesh, come on Mom.......have a little tact. Sorry yours was lacking some at that moment!! My mom has been known to do that from time to time without thinking...............
She seems to do it a lot. She hurts my sister's feelings on a regular basis it seems.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Here ya go Kiddo............you have my permission........
Sometimes i really want to!!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mom crosses the line sometimes too, but I am lucky enough to have one of those moms that is my best friend....we've had some interesting fights because I call her right out when I think she is out of line...
Be sure to mention anything out of order you might notice next time at her house :p

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moms need to be kept in line from time to time. I love mine dearly, but she crossed the line with me once in my own home, and I kicked her butt OUT! Seriously, I demanded that she get the you-know-what OUT, and she did!

It felt SO awesome!!!

And, it did not ruin our relationship, although it did cause her to rethink how she speaks to me. After all, I'm a grown-up in my own home, and am responsible for my own life.

I'm sorry your mom felt the need to be so in your business, but I'm sure it was said out of love, mixed with a complete cluelessness about how her comments make you feel.

Maybe she's going through some emotional crap of her own, and you wound up being a target by mistake.

I hope that you can all get past it - I think you are 100% correct that what is best for Lee is what makes him happy, not that which makes him miserable.

Next time (if there is one) tell your mom it could be worse - you both could be living with HER!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Next time (if there is one) tell your mom it could be worse - you both could be living with HER!
I should have told her atleast my bedroom is clean!! I just have mail and stuff on the kitchen counter and a sink fiull of dishes. She is a clean freak and I am not. Oh well! To me life is more than having a spotless home!