Christmas Shopping

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When do you start your shopping? (Not counting SS shopping!)
I started this past weekend, I picked up a few things for my cousins that were on sale at Bath & Body Works (oh... and a few things for myself
)
The mall was all Christmas decorated.... I was surprised, until I realized that it really IS November!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soon I haven't bought one thing yet. Except I have most of my S.S.stuff.Hubby and I and my brother usually go and stay a few days in North Conway N.H. the very first of Dec. We do alot of our shopping there No taxes and alot of of cool shops.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I plan on doing most of mine next week when a friend & I go to the Mall of America! If you can't find it there, then it must not exist

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have my neices on layaway and I don't know what else to get. Every time I ask what they want they say get whatever. And my dad says Christmas is just for kids. He stopped putting up a tree when I was ten because he said we were too old for Christmas

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do mine throughout the year.
I think I'm almost done for everyone.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I do mine throughout the year.
I think I'm almost done for everyone.
me too! me too! I only have hubby left to buy for....and a few little things for the kids. But other than that mostly everyone's done! (I will still totally hit the black friday sales though, hey Mackenzie,
do you know what the special will be at victoria's secret this year? I got the pink love tote from last year....and am anxiously awaiting the free gift with purchase for this year!!!)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

me too! me too! I only have hubby left to buy for....and a few little things for the kids. But other than that mostly everyone's done! (I will still totally hit the black friday sales though, hey Mackenzie,
do you know what the special will be at victoria's secret this year? I got the pink love tote from last year....and am anxiously awaiting the free gift with purchase for this year!!!)
I'm not sure, but I can't wait to see - I didn't get that damn tote last year and was SOOO mad!

Although I did get some stuff in the mail - if you spend $50, you get a free handbag, $75 you get a free tote, and $150 you get a free weekender bag, and if you spend $275 you get all 3!
I'm doing some shopping online today (christmas presents... I promise
), I want that weekender bag!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm not sure, but I can't wait to see - I didn't get that damn tote last year and was SOOO mad!

Although I did get some stuff in the mail - if you spend $50, you get a free handbag, $75 you get a free tote, and $150 you get a free weekender bag, and if you spend $275 you get all 3!
I'm doing some shopping online today (christmas presents... I promise
), I want that weekender bag!
hmmmmm....take care of the 2 company bills that came in today
....orrrrrrr, rush over to the victorias secret website to check out that bag....

thanks for the tip Kenz!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

hmmmmm....take care of the 2 company bills that came in today
....orrrrrrr, rush over to the victorias secret website to check out that bag....

thanks for the tip Kenz!!!
No problem - I just saw on the website that you also get: $15 off a $100 order, $75 off a $200 order, and $150 off a $500 order, they have a super cute PINK dog with any PINK purchase.... and I also have a coupon for a free panty!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do all my Christmas shopping in one day. Usually it is in November. We are buying a car next week, which is taking all of our savings, and then I will probably go shopping the week after that when I get paid again.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Black Friday, Baby! Actually, we start on Thanksgiving because K-Mart has some HUGE sales on Thanksgiving (like 70% off all fine jewelry!), and they are the only store open on Thanksgiving. With just the two of us, we're making that part of our Thanksgiving tradition.

BTW, any other Black Friday shoppers, you have to check out www.bfads.net - they get the scoop on a LOT of the Black Friday ads well before they come out in the paper on Thanksgiving, giving you a real chance to check out how good the sales really are and plan your outing.
They's already got quite a few, although the big ones aren't out yet.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Black Friday, Baby! Actually, we start on Thanksgiving because K-Mart has some HUGE sales on Thanksgiving (like 70% off all fine jewelry!), and they are the only store open on Thanksgiving. With just the two of us, we're making that part of our Thanksgiving tradition.

BTW, any other Black Friday shoppers, you have to check out www.bfads.net - they get the scoop on a LOT of the Black Friday ads well before they come out in the paper on Thanksgiving, giving you a real chance to check out how good the sales really are and plan your outing.
They's already got quite a few, although the big ones aren't out yet.
Awesome - thanks for the link Heidi!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually hold off Christmas shopping until it is actually December. I love shopping during the Christmas season, and ALWAYS save SOMETHING for christmas eve (stocking stuffers etc) so that I can go to the mall and see the havoc some people experience. Personal Tradition :p no one ever wants to go with me!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I've already started technically.... I got my dads gift about 2 months ago because it's seasonal (bug fogger) and I was worried they wouldn't have it during the winter!

Usually around Sept/Oct I start trying to figure out what I want to get for everyone & what I want to do for Christmas each year, then some time towards mid November I start getting things.

My bro says I'm paranoid but Christmas creeps up so fast! I want to have everything done and wrapped so I don't have to do any last minute rushing. This is our first year living together so I'm sure we'll have to do last minute stuff for Chad but not for me if things go my way!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe I should start thinking about buying some Christmas gifts, eh? I've never been shopping on black friday, so I think I might get up early & drive an hour to the nearest real city to do some super shopping! And I promise it won't all be for the kits!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually start at the end of this month..what can I say? my family is easy to buy for.
I have already started shopping for the furbabies, though.