Snowy Has Had Her Kittens. Pics.

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Snowy became a mummy (at last) at 11.45 this morning.
I came home at dinner time and there they were, three beautiful kittens, 1 black one,1 white with a black mark on his head and 1 ginger one. Snowy had just finished cleaning them, and the cords were still attached. She had them behind pc so it was a mad dash to clear the area. I left them there til i got home at 3.10. Now they are all in a large comfy box. Snowy is great with them, feeding, licking them and caring for em. They are beautiful.

Here are some pics. Sorry they are a bit big.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrdulations! Snowy and the babies look like they're doing well!
How are the babies nursing so far? Any plans for homes & spay/ neuters once Snowy is ready and the babies are old enough? Hehehe, now you get to think of names for the little ones! Keep us posted!

junglebutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they are sooooooo beautiful!!!! but we already knew they would be look at their mommy!!!! the orange one has the most striking markings!!!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
in that last pic, is that the afterbirth she has under her paw? do you throw it away? I've heard of letting the mum eat it (like they would in the wild) for nutrition?

the babies are beautiful. I miss playing with little kittens... I wish I could foster, but Wonton doesn't appreciate any other animals in HIS house - he barely tolerates my bf and I living here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

in that last pic, is that the afterbirth she has under her paw? do you throw it away? I've heard of letting the mum eat it (like they would in the wild) for nutrition?

the babies are beautiful. I miss playing with little kittens... I wish I could foster, but Wonton doesn't appreciate any other animals in HIS house - he barely tolerates my bf and I living here
Yeah , i left it there for a while and offered Snowy it but she wasn't interested, too busy looking after her babies.

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Congrdulations! Snowy and the babies look like they're doing well!
How are the babies nursing so far? Any plans for homes & spay/ neuters once Snowy is ready and the babies are old enough? Hehehe, now you get to think of names for the little ones! Keep us posted!
Thank you. The babies haven't stopped nursing yet, i want to let Snowy have a rest from them but she frets when i try. I will leave them all a little longer.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too cute.
In the second picture, the ginger one has his paw around the white one.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww..........
congrats to all

Hope all are doing well and Snowy is getting some peace !!

Do post more photos when you get a min to yourself !!

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww..........
congrats to all

Hope all are doing well and Snowy is getting some peace !!

Do post more photos when you get a min to yourself !!
Snowy hasn't had any peace since she had them. The babies have been suckling on her for hours. When i try seperate them Snowy frets and the babies cry. I have put them all in a bigger box so the babies can go to the other end and Snowy can get a bit of rest. But somehow the babies find their way back to her with-in minutes.
Any suggestions on what i should do, i hate to hear them cry for mummy.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWW!

Brand new kitties!!!
They're all so cute! The little one with the black spot kind of looks calico, so I'm guessing a girl for that kitty. The ginger is a boy and the little black one? No idea

They're all so incredibly adorable!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw congratulations! I love the ginger baby, what a beauty they all are!

Sorry for the butthead question, but I wasnt around when Snowy first was pregnant. Was this an accidental mating? Whats her story? I'd love to know!

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JulieKit

Aw congratulations! I love the ginger baby, what a beauty they all are!

Sorry for the butthead question, but I wasnt around when Snowy first was pregnant. Was this an accidental mating? Whats her story? I'd love to know!

Well it wasn't quite an accident. I did want her to have kittens but not just yet. She got out ( she is normally an indoor cat) and came back apparantly pregnant. So i knew the dates and everything. Anyway, i got a bit suss when she started eating like a horse and then she got fat. Thats when i joined here, i needed all the help i could get as it was my first time. Nearer the time i prepared nesting boxes and places for the kittens once they were born. And thats it really. Me and my daughter were both really excited about throughout the pregnancy and adore the little kittens.
They are all doing great. Snowy is brilliant with them and they are nursing from her without any problems. I will let you in to a secret, not told anyone else, but i cried with joy when i saw her with her babies. Snowy looked up at me as if to say 'look what i done' with a worried and scared look on her face. I cried buckets and gave her a hug.
So thats the story. Just got to think of names now. We are going to keep the ginger one.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, how beautiful!!!!!! Such gorgeous kittens!

I wish I didn't look at that last pic so soon after lunch though

I imagine you are a very proud grandmeowmy - I'd cry too