TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Need your Opinion..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need your Opinion..

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
((Not sure if this is in the wrong place or not.. You can move it, if it isn't in the right place.... ))

I'm looking to buy a cat tree for my cats for Christmas.. But I don't know what to buy.. I wanna buy a armarkat tree,, but their are soo many..

What do your cats enjoys the most out of the trees?? The post, the perches, the levels, the boxes to hide in,, the snuggly swings, or the ropes and sisal?? The fleece or the faux fur?

Just wanting your opinion.. So I can make a good decisions, since their not that cheap to buy... Thanks!!!!

Thanks,, Heather
post #2 of 12
Mine seem to most enjoy the height, for both climbing as well as leaping from as high up as they can get, (flying kitties!) the sisal posts for scratching and the very top perches to snooze on. My kitties aren't the type to enjoy hiding, they like to be out in the open, so they don't like the enclosed boxes much.

Ginger seems to prefer the fleece to the faux fur, and Ferris likes to eat the carpet off our heavy-duty kitty condo in the kitchen. He bites the corners of the perches - weirdo.

Remember though, what is one kitty's pleasure may be different from another kitty's.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
Mine seem to most enjoy the height, for both climbing as well as leaping from as high up as they can get, (flying kitties!) the sisal posts for scratching and the very top perches to snooze on. My kitties aren't the type to enjoy hiding, they like to be out in the open, so they don't like the enclosed boxes much.

Ginger seems to prefer the fleece to the faux fur, and Ferris likes to eat the carpet off our heavy-duty kitty condo in the kitchen. He bites the corners of the perches - weirdo.

Remember though, what is one kitty's pleasure may be different from another kitty's.

That's kind of what I was afraid of.. I'm not sure what my girls are gonna like.. I don't know if they like to hide in their those boxes or not.. I'm sure they'll love to be up high... That won't be an issue.. Oh the choices..
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Okay this is really frustrating.. There are too many choices....

Why is this soo hard???

I know I'm pathetic..
post #5 of 12
ChanKahli loves the height. Pete loves the pole for scratching. KittenKiya ignores the whole thing, he likes the floor. Tammy-Timmy likes to go into the tunnel to hide and pounce on unsuspecting cats and humans.
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitty View Post
((Not sure if this is in the wrong place or not.. You can move it, if it isn't in the right place.... ))

What do your cats enjoys the most out of the trees?? The post, the perches, the levels, the boxes to hide in,, the snuggly swings, or the ropes and sisal?? The fleece or the faux fur?
d) all of the above!
Really depends on the cat, but 4 out of 5 of mine love it!! the 5th, my old lady wanted to have nothing to do with it and almost took my head off when I put her on it.
Anyways - got mine on ebay for less than $100 (including shipping!) goes all the way to the ceiling and has a bit of everything on it! It's great!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79770
Let us know what you get!
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
thank u so much for the post... I talked to my husband today,, and we measured our ceiling.. and he has his opinion on what the girls will like also..

So I guess we'll see...

I'm just so uncertain about either getting boxes or more perches.. Seems like a silly question I know.. And faux fur, or fleece is another rough one.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitty View Post
thank u so much for the post... I talked to my husband today,, and we measured our ceiling.. and he has his opinion on what the girls will like also..

So I guess we'll see...

I'm just so uncertain about either getting boxes or more perches.. Seems like a silly question I know.. And faux fur, or fleece is another rough one.
It's not silly.

But you should be able to set up a couple of tests for them. Do you have any tops in a fleecy material? Put them out where the girls like to sleep. If they take to it, you can be sure they like fleece. Fake fur might be tricker, unless you already own a throw or pillow, etc, or can borrow one.

As for things like hidy spaces, most cats like them. To test if your do, leave some carboard boxes around with only a small space cut in as a door. If they hide out (maybe put a fav blanket or whatever in as a lure) in there, you should probably make sure your tree has ample hiding space.
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
NOt a bad idea.. Thank you.. I might try that....

Now to pickout which one I want.. lol
post #10 of 12
We made ours so I can't say which one to buy.
Ours love the sisal rope to scratch, the height,the cat condo on top to hide and lay on as well as the perches that I put pillows on to sleep.
post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
I never thought about making one... I'm sure.. We'd mess it up.. bad like..

Oh well..
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasha3 View Post
d) all of the above!
Really depends on the cat, but 4 out of 5 of mine love it!! the 5th, my old lady wanted to have nothing to do with it and almost took my head off when I put her on it.
Anyways - got mine on ebay for less than $100 (including shipping!) goes all the way to the ceiling and has a bit of everything on it! It's great!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79770
Let us know what you get!
i also got an Armarkat tree on ebay - mine was $71 including shipping. Pixel likes the top, Java likes the little 'house', & all of them like the shelves & the sisal posts. mine is covered in carpet. the ramp, which i thought they'd love, they totally ignore. here's a pic of what mine looks like: cat tree
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Care & Grooming
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Need your Opinion..