Trying to kick a 24-hour bug.....

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up yesterday morning feeling not-so-hot so I called and cancelled my dentist appointment(I know..SO convient especially after I went to observe at the oral surgeon on Friday
)I was nauseous all day and at about 7pm got sick. I felt a little better but still went back to the bathroom a few times with nothing else. I don't know if it was something I ate. I did drink Friday night but not enough to make me sick and nothing different than I normally have. I don't know if it was a hour bug or what. I just didn't have a fever or anything else except nausea. Anyone else sick lately?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah the night before getting sick, I went to the Oral Surgeon's to observe and I was fine. I went to BK to ease my stomach and ate the new Italian Chicken Sandwich which was good by the way and then had some pizza later that night. Saturday morning was when I started feeling sick and ate some crackers and drank some Sierra Mist. I sometimes get upset stomachs when I don't eat but I knew this wasn't the typical tummy ache. I knew it was a "get sick" kind of tummy ache. I do have to eat my 3 meals a day anyway. I am hypoglycemic and will get bad headaches and very sleepy if I don't eat.

OH and I forgot to mention that I woke up at 9am yesterday morning and went back to sleep at 1130, woke up at 4 and went back to sleep at 7 so I slept the day away.

I still am not feeling 100% today but I definately feel like eating today. It just SUCKS being sick.....

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got sick last week, the week of my wedding, grrrr! I bought some of that Vitamin C powder and chugged every day, and took medicine (Tylenol for colds). I kept working out even though I felt terrible and by my wedding day I was pretty decent minus my throat. Talking all day and yelling over the music at the reception took its toll on me, though...I barely had a voice for the next three days.

Good luck getting better.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I woke up yesterday morning feeling not-so-hot so I called and cancelled my dentist appointment(I know..SO convient especially after I went to observe at the oral surgeon on Friday
)I was nauseous all day and at about 7pm got sick. I felt a little better but still went back to the bathroom a few times with nothing else. I don't know if it was something I ate. I did drink Friday night but not enough to make me sick and nothing different than I normally have. I don't know if it was a hour bug or what. I just didn't have a fever or anything else except nausea. Anyone else sick lately?
Sounds like you have that Norovirus. It's a3 day sickness that has to run it's course. Keep hydrated by drinking fluids.

http://www.capitalhealth.ca/YourHeal..._more_info.htm

If it were food poisoning it would have hit you a few hours after eating, not the day after.