I know I never ask for good thoughts and prayers or anything..

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but can you please send good thoughts that me and my parents can get along? we keep fighting and I have never felt so horrible in my life.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Krista....
You really sound upset...
Please know that no matter how bad you are feeling, this will pass.
I am sending lots of calming to you and your parents.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry your having a rough time...It really sucks when your not getting along with those that you love.

I am sending many happy vibes your way

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and {{{}}} vibes from here. I know how that is, but I had to let it go years ago. Hopefully I will not regret it someday.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always, remember, words, are just that, words. As long as you love them and they love you, evreything else will work itself out in the long run.
Calming vibes heading your way from our household!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this. I didn't have the best relationship with my parents when I was younger and know how it hurts. Over time things did improve and I now have a wonderful relationship with them. I hope things get better for you. Sending lots of vibes.

Tricia

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you are fighting.I fought with mine while I was growing up and couldn't wait to get out of the house.
My Dad and I were able to reconnect as friends in April of 2004.In July of 2004, he was diagnosed with stage 4 Throat Cancer.6 months after he was diagnosed, God took my Dad home to be with him and the Angels.
When I think back to all the times we argued, it now seems sooooooooo long ago and to be honest,I wish I could argue with him right now.Today is my Birthday,the second one I've not heard my Dad wish me a Happy Birthday.
What I wouldn't do to hear his voice on the other end of the phone

Even though things seem REALLY bad right now.In time, things will calm down and the fights will only be a distant memory.Cherish what time you all do have together and make the best of it.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way. Fighting with parents is horrible, it's right up there with fighting with my husband.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand how things must be going to for. My family puts the "fun" back in "disfunctional"!!! Sending some vibes your way that you guys get through this with no major emotional scars and you sanity in tact!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you guys so much.
I really appreciate your support.
things are going a little better, I just think things always go wrong when all 3 of us are home together as me and my dad don't get along too great.
and I really wish we did, but we don't and never have.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo sorry Krista
I hope things get better soon. / Out of curiosity, what are your fighting styles like? Maybe if you tell us what they're like we can offer up suggestions to help keep the fighting down so that ya'll can communicate better without arguing? / (((vibes))) pm me if you need me ok?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks, Nikki!
It's just that my dad lets our cats outside and I get upset about it, because we live on a busy street.
and my mom agrees with it. I know there's nothing I can do, but keep them inside when I am around.
I don't let them outside at all, PERIOD. I just don't want one of them ending up dead, just because my parents let them outside.
I know they grew up with their cats outside and think it's okay, although I understand that and I have told them to please not let them outside. I understand this is their house, too and I have to abide by their rules, but I just don't want my boys ending up dead someday. I would seriously die if they got hit by a car or poisoned. My dogs don't get to go outside by themselves at all, I am out there with them, just because I simply don't trust the weirdos around here period. I know I am paranoid when it comes to my furbabies, but I have to look out for them, plus they depend on me and I would NEVER want them to get hurt.
My parents do care about my cats, but I just wish they'd understand how bad it is to let them outside.
They are much safer and happier inside. I am sorry that was long.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Can you get a lock for your bedroom door and put them in there when you're not home?
yeah, but the bathroom is right by my room and my door doesn't shut..it's by the bathroom and it has the same door if you are getting what I am saying.. so that's out of the question.
only if the bathroom was somewhere else.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about getting a large dog crate and putting the boys in it while you're gone?That way, they'd be safe and you would feel better about it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly Krista- I would buy a large black wire cage (wal-mart sells nice ones inexpensively) and keep them in there during the day in your bedroom so that your parents don't let them outside while you're not there

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I was talking about.They are only around $55.00 and they are large enough for German Shepards and Labs.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

That's what I was talking about.They are only around $55.00 and they are large enough for German Shepards and Labs.
Yup! They work well too!
(unless you have a wolf mix, but that's a whole other story....thanks Ginger
) lol..but for cats they should work great! They also have them specifically designed for cats too with little parts you can add or clip in to them that act as shelves for the cats to lay on- they're spacious, so two kitties should be comfy in there