Do your cats sleep in a cat bed?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After reading about Chester's aversion to his lovely cat bed, it got me wondering...

Our old cats never really cared about a cat bed we got them, until we put it in one of our cats favourite sunny spots, then he slept in it fairly often.

The last 2 cats we had completely ignored the cat beds we got, but Lily and Stumpy love their cat bed!

Yesterday Lily was curled up under the bed, and the cat bed was out on the landing, so I moved it under the bed, and looked under the bed a few minutes later and she was curled up in it.

Lily likes the bed under our bed since that is a favourite sleeping spot, and Stumpy likes it at the landing at the top of the stairs, since that is HER favourite spot, so looks as though we're buying a second cat bed.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If by sleeping in a cat bed you mean that my husband and I have to figure out a new yoga position every night to avoid kicking one of the boys, then yes they do. But if you mean avoiding the $30.00 cat bed I bought them at an overpriced boutique by jumping over it, then no.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls LOVE their cat beds!!!
I got them really really cute ones last Christmas!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When they feel like it they do. Scully and Boomer love them, Bumper will sleep in one if there is no room for him on the bed / sofa wherever else I happen to be and Magnum will if one of the others is using it just to spite them

They don't however, like the ones with fleece on the inside and will not sit on their little 'sofa bed' if it is opened to a bed instead of folded into a sofa

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats sleep in a cat bed during the day and in our bed at night.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine sleep where ever in the Living room they want to............cat tree,cat cube,floor,couch,etc.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Davidson sleeps in his cat bed, but Harley would much rather sleep on the cold kitchen floor
They both sleep on our bed during the day tho.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I answered yes - we have numerous cat beds, cat pillows (that I made) and cat couches around the apartment and each has their favorite one or two. And if they're not in those beds, they're in our bed.

Our cats are pampered and enjoy comfort.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year I made a couple of those round cat beds. I used polar fleece which I should know is a cat hair magnet so it alwayds looks grungy plus the sides are all squished down but Bakker loves it. Mom bought me the most ugly cat bed-a terrible gray cat hair attracting fabric. That is Grizzlies bed but Bobs will go and snuggle in with her. I am in the process of recovering it in a funky green with polka dots fleece (another cat magnet)!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got mine beds and they didnt touch them, so I gave them away. Recently, I wanted to see if they would try again, so I purchased some again. They LOVE them now!

I keep them on top of the beds and I think thats why they like them now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were just at the shops, and I saw a big cat bed that was pretty cheap, so grabbed that. I got it home and Stumpy was trying to lie in it while it was upside down and I was trying to cut the tags off!! I think she likes it...

Smudge is currently sleeping in it.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, Sash doesn't bother with his kitty bed. At first he liked it, I don't think he's used it in a year now.
I thought maybe it's just too deep, so this week I'm going to buy him a nice, new flat kitty bed and we'll see how that goes...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yup - I think the new bed is a winner...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 "traditional" cat beds that the kitties like, but their favorite is the "homemade" cat bed, which is a copy paper box lid with a quilt in it
they also really like to sleep on top of their turbo scratchers

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocket and Luna will sleep in the cat beds on the couch. Twig and Isis won't give them a second look. The all will sleep in the cat hammocks on the windows, and on our bed though.