Wraagh Wrack Wrack Wrakkk

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
or something like that. That's what woke me at 7 this morning.
I'm like, what the **%# is that?! Well, of course, it's a squirrel! On my window ledge. 4 stories up!! He was just sitting there carrying on, looking a bit confused. And of course my cats are nowhere to be seen.
So I got up and called them, finally they come running in. Man, were they ever excited! Pushy was thumping on the glass, and they were both whipping their tails about. The squirrel stayed there for a few minutes. He just stared right back at the cats and carried on squawking. Finally, he left. They just run right along the building walls as if gravity doesn't apply to them.

Later on I saw the mess on my balcony. Plants tipped over, seeds scattered everywhere.
Pesky pests! They're great entertainment for the cats though.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Trout would love it if a squirrel came onto my window ledge..she would go nuts!!!

Trout had a rather loud litterbox escapade this morning, and that woke me up...It sounded so weird..I had to go and see what she was up to..and she was just really scraping away in there like crazy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Digging a hole to China! That's what we call it.

I bought a toy squirrel last week, and the boys love it. So do most dogs I've shown. If the squirrel comes back, I'm going to show him the toy and see what he does!

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, my! I guess I am on the other side here!
I LOVE squirrels!
My mom is a licensed wildlife rehabilitator and I have seen some grow from naked pink, grub-like babies all the way to big fluffy stinkers. They are very smart and a lot of fun to watch.
What kind of squirrel was it?
Catfriend

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfriend

I LOVE squirrels!
My mom is a licensed wildlife rehabilitator and I have seen some grow from naked pink, grub-like babies all the way to big fluffy stinkers. They are very smart and a lot of fun to watch.
Catfriend
Same!!!! I LOVE the squirrels!!! I buy the expensive hazelnuts for them and put them on our balcony in the hope they'll come regularly. We had one coming regularly, then I was away for a week, and he must've gotten sick of waiting for me because we haven't seen him again since

A new one was hanging around today who seemed pretty brave, so threw some nuts his way and he managed to find them (other squirrels just run away thinking I'm throwing the nuts AT them...), and has hung around most of the day. He hasn't discovered the balcony nuts yet, but I'm sure he will. The girls have been very excited all day!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a cheeky little squirrel!
glad to hear the kitties got a kick out of it though.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local squirrel has planted a forest of black walnuts all around my yard this fall!! I wonder how many seedlings I will have this spring!!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, there was a crazy squirrel at our old apartment that would just screech at the top of its lungs for no reason on our porch...too funny. It drove the cats crazy, they didn't know what was going on. I saw one doing it the other day here, too...but for the most part they've been "normal."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfriend

I LOVE squirrels!
Catfriend
Oh, I actually love the squirrels too! I was annoyed at the mess they'd made though. I'm going to hang up some suet bars when it gets colder so they can come and feed and entertain the cats.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Trout had a rather loud litterbox escapade this morning, and that woke me up...It sounded so weird..I had to go and see what she was up to..and she was just really scraping away in there like crazy
Rosie and Sophies litterboxes are upstairs in the guest room, but i can always tell when Rosies on by the way she digs and digs

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Rosie and Sophies litterboxes are upstairs in the guest room, but i can always tell when Rosies on by the way she digs and digs
Same here with Speedy! She digs and digs and scrapes and scratches to no end. I usually end up running her out so she'll hush!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one squirrel (at least, we think it's the same one -- fur patterns are similar and he's freakin' huge!) who has to be about the cockiest, most arrogant squirrel I've ever seen. He'll hop onto the window ledge right in front of the cats and do a little squirrel dance, shaking his fluffy tail and looking right at Spike and Oz -- who, of course, are freaking out and trying desperately to get through the double-paned glass to get at him. Somehow he knows they can't get to him, so he just stands there, mocking them with his squirrel dance. After watching this for a bit, one of my cats will turn and look at me with this pleading expression on his face, as if to say "Just open the window for five seconds, Mom. Five seconds are all I need."

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was younger we lived on the main floor of an older neighbourhood small apartment building. There was one squirrel that would come in my open window onto my table and eat peanuts while I sat there. He/she was quite tame. My FIL was visiting and I forgot to tell him about the squirrel. Poor man had a weak heart and almost flipped out when he was sitting having his morning coffee and the squirrel came in.