Are you a good housekeeper?

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering how many of you are good housekeepers. I am not and at 42 have decided to quit appoligizing for it. I always blamed it on the fact that I(and my 2 sisters) were raised by a widowed father who was doing the very best he could. All three of us are bad housekeepers.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has a slight case of OCD, and can't stand a messy house. We've decided to be partners in the cleaning process. In fact in a few moments I will log off TCS and give my kitchen a good scrub down.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am okay...I hate a messy place, so usually my place is tidy...BUT the actual areas that get ignored alot I am bad at keeping up with...(ex: vacuuming under the couch)...

I would say I am pretty good though.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you nuts? My house could qualify for a dog's agility class course in a dog show.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are just too many other things in life to spend my time doing than housework. It's way low on my list of priorities.

I'll not go to my grave thinking: if I'd just swept my floor more often, LOL!

However, I do admire those that have the mindset and the skills to keep a spotless home. I like going to your homes to visit.

It would just take me all day every day and then some to be able to match that level of cleanliness. I'm hopeless, lol.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a lot better when we had a cleaning lady, but we had to let her go because she lept locking Sophia in my closet

I need music when I am cleaning it's a good motivator!!! And when company is coming!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

However, I do admire those that have the mindset and the skills to keep a spotless home. I like going to your homes to visit.
Once upon a time I was, but my BF likes to do the cleaning, so now I am lazy about it... and lately we have both been working a lot so we have kinda let it slide and badly need to clean up but are enjoying a rare weekend of doing very little

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Are you nuts? My house could qualify for a dog's agility class course in a dog show.
Love this, can I use it

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like to do housework but I do it all the time. It drives me crazy when my home is a mess.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate housework too, there's so many more interesting things to be doing, like going on TCS!

But then again I hate to have a messy house so I do have to do housework.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by trinettec

I was just wondering how many of you are good housekeepers.
I can be when I feel like it. I think Im somewhere in the middle

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a neat freak.My house is fairly clean but lived in. I vacumm daily pick up and keep the kitchen clean bed mades. But you will find that closets and cup boards could be neater.

phishmarisol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Absolutely not. I prefer to live in my own filth. Unless I have a girlfriend at the time in which case I will make everything nice.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trinettec

I was just wondering how many of you are good housekeepers. I am not and at 42 have decided to quit appoligizing for it. I always blamed it on the fact that I(and my 2 sisters) were raised by a widowed father who was doing the very best he could. All three of us are bad housekeepers.
I just wish I could get a little help around here from the cat. I do not expect him to scrub or wax the floors but you would think he would at least arrange his room when I tell him company is coming over.