Wedding gifts...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I are going to a friend's wedding and I have no idea why to buy the couple. This is a second marriage for both, so they haven't registered anywhere. In fact, his friend called me last night and said it was okay if people didn't bring gifts. I feel the need to do something simple for them, because they've been such good friends to us over the years. Any ideas?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say either a gift certificate or money. Can't go wrong with that

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With second marriages people have pretty much established themselves in household items.

1. How about a donation in their names to a charity that they both support or have interest in?

2. Or you can buy them their very own star

http://www.starnamer.net/cgi-bin/ppc/google.cgi

3. Or you can give them a "mood in a basket" which is what I gave to close friends and family one year for Christmas. You can put whatever you like in it, but this is what I put in.

2 matching terry bathrobes, washed and folded
2 matching terry bath sheets, washed and folded
1 bottle of wine or champagne
2 crystal wine or champagne glasses
1 box of floating candles
1 box of incense and an incense holder
1 crystal wine decanter with homemade bath saltz
1 CD of romantic piano music
1 box of sea shell shaped chocolates
2 Hershey chocolate initials, one for each of their first names

1 large willow basket, the one I used looked like this basket (minus the contents)

I put clear packing grass in the basket and nestled the items inside and then wrapped it all up with crinkly cello basket wrap and tied it with raffia.

It's a bit on the pricey side but maybe 2 or 3 of you can get together and give them one basket. Of course price depends on what you put in it. I rarely give Christmas gifts, so that year I went all out.

4. Another idea is a gift certificate to a plant/floral shop so that they can buy some house plants for themselves. Most people love house plants.

5. Another idea is to gift them with one day of maid service.

6. Or a day at the spa for the two of them. Massage, jacuzzi, steam sauna.

7. A gift certificate to their favourite restaurant.

8. Adopt an animal at the zoo in their name. Most city zoos allow you to adopt an animal and the money you pay to "adopt" goes towards the animals food and shelter costs.

OR!!!!

You can give them the give of 8 Bit for the day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

With second marriages people have pretty much established themselves in household items.

1. How about a donation in their names to a charity that they both support or have interest in?

2. Or you can buy them their very own star

http://www.starnamer.net/cgi-bin/ppc/google.cgi

3. Or you can give them a "mood in a basket" which is what I gave to close friends and family one year for Christmas. You can put whatever you like in it, but this is what I put in.

2 matching terry bathrobes, washed and folded
2 matching terry bath sheets, washed and folded
1 bottle of wine or champagne
2 crystal wine or champagne glasses
1 box of floating candles
1 box of incense and an incense holder
1 crystal wine decanter with homemade bath saltz
1 CD of romantic piano music
1 box of sea shell shaped chocolates
2 Hershey chocolate initials, one for each of their first names

1 large willow basket, the one I used looked like this basket (minus the contents)

I put clear packing grass in the basket and nestled the items inside and then wrapped it all up with crinkly cello basket wrap and tied it with raffia.

It's a bit on the pricey side but maybe 2 or 3 of you can get together and give them one basket. Of course price depends on what you put in it. I rarely give Christmas gifts, so that year I went all out.

4. Another idea is a gift certificate to a plant/floral shop so that they can buy some house plants for themselves. Most people love house plants.

5. Another idea is to gift them with one day of maid service.

6. Or a day at the spa for the two of them. Massage, jacuzzi, steam sauna.

7. A gift certificate to their favourite restaurant.

8. Adopt an animal at the zoo in their name. Most city zoos allow you to adopt an animal and the money you pay to "adopt" goes towards the animals food and shelter costs.

OR!!!!

You can give them the give of 8 Bit for the day
If I give them 8-Bit, they'd never talk to us again. The first time she came over to the apartment he climbed into her purse and stole her chapstick.

I love your ideas... I'm thinking a day of maid service may be nice for them, because they are always having people over for parties.