preggie 'dropped' cat

blueeyedfeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mom's boss found a preggie cat, she is a moody cat. I have dubbed her Satan or mama cat. She attacks everything living in this house except for me,she'll be all lovey dovey to me. What should I do? She is huge and looks like she could explode any minute. Now keep in mind that this is one cat out of seven that I have so I need suggestions on what to do when she has the kittens, since I do not have a room to seclude her and the kittens in. The SPCA will not help me at all, I also have anothe rcat that was dropped off and a cat that followed me for a thirty minute walk from work to my house. The SPCA put them on their website for me, but other than that they will not help with anything else.

Jami

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is attacking everyone she sees because she is defending a "territory" and she is pregnant. She "loves" you because she knows you will protect her.

You have no space to put her? Do you have a closet? A small bathroom? Could you get a box and line it with some towels and blankets for her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueeyedfeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i got a box for her and she seems to be liking my bedroom the most, she is tolerating my male siamese, but then again he is submissive to every cat in the house. So I'll make sure all my dresser draws are shut and place her box way under the dresser or in my closet, which i always leave open anyways.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be wonderful. She should feel safe there and be able to have her babies in peace. You are so sweet for taking her in and watching over her.

Happy headbuts and blessful licks from KittenKiya's Clan.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueeyedfeline

My mom's boss found a preggie cat, she is a moody cat. I have dubbed her Satan or mama cat. She attacks everything living in this house except for me,she'll be all lovey dovey to me. What should I do? She is huge and looks like she could explode any minute. Now keep in mind that this is one cat out of seven that I have so I need suggestions on what to do when she has the kittens, since I do not have a room to seclude her and the kittens in. The SPCA will not help me at all, I also have anothe rcat that was dropped off and a cat that followed me for a thirty minute walk from work to my house. The SPCA put them on their website for me, but other than that they will not help with anything else.

Jami
Jami.....I hope all your cats are up to date on shots. I honestly do not agree with keeping cats that have not been vet checked around other cats because diseases are easy to spread and I would hate for you to lose any of the kittens or any of your own cats due to having no place to keep this mom separate. For now...I recommend getting a LARGE dog crate and confining her in the crate with food/water and a litterbox. Once she has her kittens..the kittens need to remain confined in that dog crate.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueeyedfeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
all my other cats have been to a vet. They are all healthy, my room mates cat has also been to the vet. I'll take her as soon as i pay off the balance remaining from euthanizing my siamese, charley.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueeyedfeline

all my other cats have been to a vet. They are all healthy, my room mates cat has also been to the vet. I'll take her as soon as i pay off the balance remaining from euthanizing my siamese, charley.
It's good that your other cats have been to the vet. I still recommend getting a hold of a large dog crate for when it is time for her to have her kittens. That way, she has some "privacy".

Katie

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

I still recommend getting a hold of a large dog crate for when it is time for her to have her kittens. That way, she has some "privacy".

Katie
Yes and drape some sheets or large towels over it so she can feel secure and the lights will be dimmer for the kittens and privacy. Crates are definately a good idea.