Kolar needs some vibes!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If everyone wouldn't mind sparing some vibes right now, I would really appreciate it. Little Kolar, one of the foster kittens is not looking so great today. Two days ago he started sneezing a bit, so I brought him into the vet yesterday just for a quick check. The vet said to go ahead and treat him at home since I know the ropes and how to take care of him. I had previously had ALL of the kittens on a low dose of Albon once a day, Conofite cream 2-3x a day, and terramyacin (eye gel) as needed- usually 2x a day for little Kolar. Well, it seems as though the others are doing excellent and really starting to thrive, all except little Kolar. He started looking better yesterday, so I didn't bring him back in to the vet. Tonight he started to look a little rought (dull fur, nictating membrane visible, sneezing, runny eyes, not grooming himself properly) So I just got off the phone with the 24 hr vet and spoke with him at length (we are very good friends and I often bring my rescues/fosters in at all hours of the night when needed- so I trust him and his judgement). He said that at this point there was not much they could do for him that I couldn't do at him with him more comfortable- so tonight I switched him off of Albon (since it isn't working for him) and onto Clavamox- so hopefully we should start to see a little improvement in the next few days. I also gave him a bit of milk since he is not eating as much as he normally does, so between that and the pedialyte, he should be ok. I have the stuff here to give him a Sub Q iv if needed, hopefully I won't have to though- he is well hydrated at the moment, but i'm keeping a close eye on him. I was going to seperate him from the rest of the litter to reduce the odds of them catching anything- but when I asked the vet, he said to keep them together that Kolar will likely do better around his littermates. He also said that the littermates immune systems were excellent at the moment so not to worry about them catching it. So tonight I will keep them together- but if I notice any changes in the morning- I will seperate them. I think Kolar will do better tonight with the warmth of the heating pad and his siblings company. I will keep everyone posted on the little guy's condition. I will be taking all of them into the vet on Monday, but if Kolar needs to go to the emergency vet before then, I will definitely be taking him in. I will keep everyone updated on his condition. Hopefully the Clavamox will start to help him soon. If you could spare some vibes for little Kolar at the moment though, I would definitely appreciate it.

(Kolar is the little tuxedo on the far right)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou! Kolar and I appreciate the vibes

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<Positive energy zooming through the ethernet for Kolar>

BTW he's a cutie!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick healing headbuts and soooothing, sooothing licks from KittenKiya's Clan. Get well quick little one.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Nikki!! Poor little Kolar.

I am sending many healing vibes and prayers his way..I really hope the little buddy perks up soon

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man!! Kolar, this is your God Meowmy talking...........you gotta get better for your Meowmy!!!
Sending get well vibes your way Nikki!!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, poor Kolar!
atleast he is in your care!

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers that he is better soon and the new medicine will help him get better!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou soo much for your concern and vibes everyone. I really appreaciate it. Little Kolar seems to be a little bit better today thankfully
. He's still sneezy and has water eyes, but the sneezing has cut down a bit....so hopefully the Clavamox is working now. I just gave him another dose about 30 minutes ago. He also ate a bit this mornig so that's good too. I'll keep everyone posted.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and I also have some excellent news- Jasmine and Abilene's ringwom is gone!!! Yea!
So as soon as mine clears up and the foster kittens are placed up for adoption, I can go home

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Oh and I also have some excellent news- Jasmine and Abilene's ringwom is gone!!! Yea!
So as soon as mine clears up and the foster kittens are placed up for adoption, I can go home
that's wonderful!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I just caught this thread now!

I'm so happy that Kolar seems to be getting better! I'm sending good vibes your way!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

Oh, I just caught this thread now!

I'm so happy that Kolar seems to be getting better! I'm sending good vibes your way!
Thankyou
I appreciate that.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

that's wonderful!
I know!! I'm soo excited! My mom called to tell me this morning! Now all I have to do is get mine to clear up and I can go home
i miss my animals!!!!!!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good news!!! Now, you can go home with your babies.
BUt, poor Fosters will miss you too