Why o why does he do this?

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guarantee that Hobbs thinks that this large porcelain fixture really IS his water bowl

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats are so strange!!

Keep the seat down and he won't do it
Between cleaning products and germs/bacteria, how safe is a toilet bowl?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hold on everyone, I have one question....You do mean the guy who leaves the toilet seat up , right? I always ask why guys leave the toilet seat up!!!!!!! Not a sanitary thing to flush open, or leave open......can't expect the kitty to know better!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Keep the seat down and he won't do it
Between cleaning products and germs/bacteria, how safe is a toilet bowl?
I agree!!!!

Toilets are filthy no matter how much you clean them. Think of what they are used for! Even after cleaning my toilet I wouldn't dip in a cup and take a drink. I apply that same standard to my pets too. If I wouldn't drink or eat from the surface, no way am I letting my pets either.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned really quickly years ago with Turvy Demeter to just leave the toilet closed when I'm not using it.

However, Hobo Skimbleshanks must watch the water swirl out of the bowl when the toilet is flushed. If I don't let him watch, I think that he'd go into traumatic shock. As soon as he's satisfied that he's seen it all, I close it again

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Hobo Skimbleshanks must watch the water swirl out of the bowl when the toilet is flushed. If I don't let him watch, I think that he'd go into traumatic shock. As soon as he's satisfied that he's seen it all, I close it again
LOL! I've been fortunate that I've never had a cat fascinated with the toilet bowl! Someone had posted a link to a video of a cat who could flush the toilet and boy... did he flush the toilet...over and over and over.... LOL He was absolutely mesmerized by the water going down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I learned really quickly years ago with Turvy Demeter to just leave the toilet closed when I'm not using it.

However, Hobo Skimbleshanks must watch the water swirl out of the bowl when the toilet is flushed. If I don't let him watch, I think that he'd go into traumatic shock. As soon as he's satisfied that he's seen it all, I close it again
Usually the seat is closed, but if it happens to be left up Hobbs gets his furry face in the bowl in no time flat!! BTW, Hobo Skimbleshanks is definitely one of the best names for a cat Ive ever heard