Go Away..

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well of course Christmas is getting close so some of Troy's family came over. His sister isn't a cat fan its no health reason she just doesn't like cats. I held myself the whole time she kep making comments on all my cat stuff. My new cat pen, then she told me to put the pregnant girls outside they will just make a mess. I wanted to hit her a few times, i drew the line at her saying there a complete waste of god's time
. I told her get out or i'll drag her by the the HAIR!
I was complaining to Troy since the moment she stepped out of our house. She is a pain! I don't care if she doesn't like my animals she is just a stuck up B!ATCH with to much time. I sware if Troy didn't hide the knifes...
. So i got on another forum and told them and they told me to absorb it...
. Sometimes people are just plain out jerks real kitty lovers would back me up not say i took it the wrong way. What other way should i take it? I mean she said my cats are dirty mess's that should spend there time outside in filth! Then when i told her about feeding raw food she said why waste my time. I SWARE.. it really is known of her buissness what i do.

She said all i do is decrease Troy's bank account on stupid animals. Ok yes i spend money on them all the time but i always ask Troy first and if he say's no i don't get it... sometimes lol. So i'm venting. About a retarded soon to be a sister-in-law!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She's the complete waste of time. As long as you and Troy come to an agreement, then it is none of her business. You know our opinions are that cats are much better company than people like her.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Boy, I'd make it real clear to her that she wasn't welcome in my home. What an ignoramus! Regardless of her opinions about animals, she should keep them to herself when in your home, that's just good manners.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's your home and she should respect you and everyother member of your household, 4 legged included. If she can't do that than she shouldn't come over. That's what I'd say to her, but that's just my opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I told her get the #!%& out! Troy knows she will not be coming back! Me and my fur-babies deserve much more respect than that. I could care less what she thinks of me but when it comes to my animals...

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG, What an outright cow! I don't blame you, I'm the same way: I can only bite my tongue for so long before I snap. Saying horrible things about your kitties is just the same (to me and the majority of us here) as saying horrible things about your children.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dislike children lol. But when they got fur there my babies and Troy new it was only going to be a matter of time before i got the sludge hammer!

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've got to hear about my grandma, she isnt nearly like your sister in law, but sometimes she makes me puzzled.

My Grandma has always liked having pets,mostly dogs. A few years ago my young cousin saw a skinny cat in my grandmas yard, it was the neighbors cat and they knew she wasnt taking good care of the cat. So my grandma called my uncle and she trapped the cat and brought it home. (I guess you could call it stealing, they never reported the women) So anyway the women never looked for her cat....guess she didnt care.

The parts that shocked me was this. My grandma bragged to everyone about her new cat, and no more than a year later she told my family she has been asking the neighbors if they want a cat, she doesnt want her cat anymore, but nobody took the offer so my grandma is stuck with the cat. My grandpa likes the cat and tells grandma "oh the cat is fine dont give her away", because he knows how upset i got when she said that.

Isnt it just wrong to take the cat when you didnt even want it? If my grandma died I dont know where the cat would go because my cousins cant take it (or at least they shouldnt be allowed to) , and I already have 2 cats and money would be tight with a 3rd. I doubt my grandma would leave the cat to me even though she knows I feed stray cats and love taking care of my cats. Anyway it just worries me. The cat is in good health (overweight) but in good health and very happy. BTW my grandma isnt dying its just something ive always thought about.

And to boot before she found this cat in her yard I asked her if she wanted a nice stray from my yard and she told me no, how unfair, she always seems to favor my cousins a bit more than me and my sister.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's good you're not absorbing your anger. That's what I'd probably do and I'd end up resenting myself and my fiance for doing it. I'm glad you were direct with her. She needs to know she can't walk all over you and your feelings. Also, like Miss Mew said, she needs to respect EVERYONE who lives in your home, not just the two-legged folk.

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Thanks i really get support here

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care who it is, if anyone talked that way to me, or disrespected my cats they would not be welcome in our home and my husband agrees!!

Good for you for saying something!!

kittypaws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, she's lucky she walked away... ALIVE

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good for you! My cats are numero uno in my world and I dont care who it is, if you dont respect my cats, you go!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you sticking to your guns about your cats and your home.
My Mom has made the comment several times "with 5 cats in the house,I bet your house smells real nice!" I just tell her "I DO clean their litter boxes and that who ever doesn't like my home, can stay out of it!!!"

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Troy needs to intervene. To me, when dh's family is out of line, he needs to deal with it. I mean, of course you are mad now, and dealt with the immediate problem, but she will remain a part of the family, whether or not she is allowed in your home. Troy needs to have a talk with her about her rudeness, or else she will continue to plague you when you visit the rest of his family. He needs to make it clear to EVERYONE that you and he are a couple, and you will be treated with respect. Whether anyone else likes or dislikes cats is kinda irrelevant. There is no reason to be so wickedly rude, ever!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I think Troy needs to intervene. To me, when dh's family is out of line, he needs to deal with it. I mean, of course you are mad now, and dealt with the immediate problem, but she will remain a part of the family, whether or not she is allowed in your home. Troy needs to have a talk with her about her rudeness, or else she will continue to plague you when you visit the rest of his family. He needs to make it clear to EVERYONE that you and he are a couple, and you will be treated with respect. Whether anyone else likes or dislikes cats is kinda irrelevant. There is no reason to be so wickedly rude, ever!
I agree! Well said Becky!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you showed great restraint...I would have probably knocked her out

I have one family member...my SIL...and she does not like cats...she used to moan and complain every single time she was in our house.
It was always..."I wouldn't let a cat sit on my couch or chair"..."I can't believe you have the cats food bowls in the kitchen"...then she looked at my Husband and said "Mason, I can't believe that you let those animals sleep on your bed."

Finally I just looked at her and said..."Look, this is OUR house we pay the bills, we bought the couch and chair with OUR money. The cat bowls are in the kitchen and that's where they are going to stay and you don't sleep with us so frankly it's none of your damn business where the cats sleep"
Then I told her when she started paying our bills and our mortgage and until she started buying the food for our cats her opinion didn't mean jack to me and if she didn't like she could get her lazy butt up off my couch and go the hell home.
She hasn't said a word since.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a evil little wench. My ex mother in law hated cats she tried to shoot a cat that had simply walked past her yard and I threw a fit about it. She told my ex that he needed to throw my cats outside. And I told her she needed to mind her own buisness. Atleast my cats were healthy and didn't have mites coming out of their ears like her dog. She threatened to kill my cats if they came near her when she came over and I told her she'd be out the door first. And now I am happily divorced so I don't have to worry about her.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a .........(i'll refraine from using the word i'd like to since this is a family friendly site
. I would have told that heifer to leave- she has NO right to make such rude and uncalled for comments- in YOUR home, under your roof, about your family! (and yes- our furbabies are family too!) If she doesn't like animals and she knows you have them, then she should just stay at a hotel
. It is rare that I would ever not welcome someone into my home- but if someone made comments like that- I would never allow them back. The thing is- she didn't even appologize. What a rude person! I don't blame you at all for asking her to leave. I certainly would have. Good for you for taking up for your furbabies