Had to put my beautiful 16 year cat down today

bimbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so heartbroken, I don't know where else to turn, my 16 year all white, beautiful blue eyes , and totally deaf cat her entire life had to be put to sleep this morning. I am hurting so very bad, I did not want to do this, but she has been sick, and every day was becoming worse for her. She could not breath. Watching her gasping for every breath was heartbreaking, but I kept holding on, thinking tomorrow she would be better. The Vet said I was doing the right thing, did I? I miss her so much already, I really hurt.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sad that you had to let your beautiful kitty go over the Bridge. Know that she is not suffering and you will see her again.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Your lovely one is now without pain. As hard as it is to let go, you did what was best for her.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.
. . You did the right thing. I know right now it doesn't feel like you did. But you did the hardest thing a cat owner ever has to do.Your kitty is now pain free, and happily playing over the rainbow bridge.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorrry for the loss of your Baby, it is never an easy choice, but knowing that she is not suffering any longer you should know that you made the right choice, We Love them so much and alway's we think with Heart. I know you are hurting but you baby no longer is suffering, I am sure that lots of Kitties ran to greet that baby at Rainbow Bridge, where so many kitties from TCS have already crossed to, Please keep a watch on your Mommy from where you are she has a Broken Heart, and be waiting untill she comes there to greet her and make her so very Happy again.. RIP Sweet One and be Happy and Healthy
To you during this tuff time..

melanie&nathan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I too had to put my 10 year old Nathan to graze in the catnip fields this morning. We found out Monday that he had cancer and it was to far along for treatment. He went downhill this week, and before it got extremely painful for him we helped him along. I too feel so guilty and can't help but wonder if he would have gotten better- but the truth is- he wouldn't. You did the right thing. And everyone one this site is so helpful and supportive, they will help you. What was your baby's name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bimbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My beautiful white cat 's name was SNOW. I am so sorry for you too. Thank you for writing, it helps. I have 2 daughters, one is 15 years old, one is 16 years old, the 16 year old is hearing impaired and so very close with SNOW, they grew up with her, so many pictures of the girls growing up with SNOW in almost every picture. I am sorry to go on babbling, but as you well know, the pain is great. What was your cat's name?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very, very sorry about your baby. I had to make that choice with my 17 y/o Sophie just last month (she had cancer). Your head knows you did what was necessary, but your heart can't admit it. I know you loved your girl too much to let her suffer, and I believe she knew it, too. You have to tell yourself that you've given her the greatest gift you could, loving her enough to make that decision. She's at peace now and eventually you will be, too. Give yourself all the time you need to grieve for her, and please don't question yourself. Deep down you know you did what you had to do.
(((big hugs))) to you.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bimbo

My beautiful white cat 's name was SNOW. I am so sorry for you too. Thank you for writing, it helps. I have 2 daughters, one is 15 years old, one is 16 years old, the 16 year old is hearing impaired and so very close with SNOW, they grew up with her, so many pictures of the girls growing up with SNOW in almost every picture. I am sorry to go on babbling, but as you well know, the pain is great. What was your cat's name?
Yes the pain is very great and it never seems to get easier. The pain will lesson when you are ready for it to lesson. I like to think that they don't miss us as that would make it much worse. I can tell you I know how it feels, but I really have no idea how you feel other then the pain we feel in our Hearts is so great, it's hard to imagne that your heart can actually hurt that bad... I hope that the pain lessons for you and I know that it will. Everyone here at TCS feels the hurt you are going through we are here to help you in anyway we can, were all Cat Lovers no matter who's cat it is. Fell free to express your pain and someone will alway's try to be comfort to you..

laylasmybaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. I know how hard it is to say goodbye, but know you did the right thing and the best thing for your baby. All the pain is gone now, your baby is healthy, happy, warm, full and playing up a storm with all the other babies that are waiting for their beloved family members to come for them when the time is right. As hard as it may be now, just remember that you do have something very wonderful to look forward to. Please make sure your daughters understand that as well. Right now you still have your wonderful memories, joys, laughter to share about your baby. Be strong and know that everything will be OK, honest.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetheart of course you did the right thing. You didn't want her suffering. Oh honey, heartbroken headbuts and tearful, sorry licks from KittenKiya's Clan.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you've had to say goodbye to Snow. Your love for her is bursting from your posts, and you have given her the most loving gift of all: to release her from her pain.

RIP sweet Snow.
Play happily at the Bridge, and watch over your Mum.

bunchofkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had to let my sweet pretty Suzy go to the Rainbow Bridge this week so I feel your pain and sorrow.

It is very hard to let go and the guilt is overwhelming even though you did everything you could do and know it was the right thing to do.

My girl had FIP and there was no going back but I am still raw with guilt and grief. Today is the first day that I could look at her pictures and smile and remember just how wonderful she was.

You will get there. Just remember the good times and how much you both loved each other. Snow knows how much you and your daughters loved her and she loved all of you.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost 2 of my elderly cats last year within a month of each other. I still miss them every day. You made the ultimate decision of love to ease Snow's suffering in spite of not wanting to let her go. Your daughters will know how important Snow was to them and you and will grow up respecting and loving animals. That is a great legacy to give them. All the best to you and your family. RIP Snow.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you lost your kitty Snow! And I know it is a hard loss for your daughters, too. My heart goes out to your family in this time of loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bimbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everyone for writing me and somewhat easing my pain . I awoke at 4 in the morning immediately thinking of her, and again crying my eyes out. Everywhere I look I see Snow. I know I tried every way to keep her here with me, but in the end, I had to let her go, as I said her breathing was beyond pathetic. It still does not make me feel that I did her justice, it just feels like I failed her. Thank you all again. Kitty hugs to all

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lossed your precious Snow. She sounded like a very beautiful girl, who enjoyed a wonderful and happy life with you. What a blessing to have her in your life for so long. Please take comfort in knowing that Snow is no longer in pain and is happily just watching over you now, and wanting you to be happy. My heart goes out to you and your family.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby Snow. I myself have two solid white cats with blue eyes that are deaf...I know what that bond is with them as they seem to bond so much more to people than other animals. I cannot imagine your pain, but your hearing impaired daughter must have had so much in common with Snow.

Snow is now happily over the Rainbow Bridge. She had 16 wonderful years here...and died loved by you & your family. She was a very lucky kitty.