How do you scoop the poop?

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As some of you know, I recently changed from a clumping litter (Arm & Hammer) to a non clumping (Feline Pine). Well Im kind of at a loss on how to scoop the poop

With the clumping litter Ceci would just bury it and it scooped very well, but with Feline Pine the poop is jus out there, and her stools are a bit soft and it all gets stuck to the scoop.

This morning I had to get some out and it almost made me gag the way it stuck to the scoop.

Anyone have any tips? Could it be her diet?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if she has runnier stools then there is something causing that. Normally it wouldn't stick to the scoop unless it was a fresh poo. If the sticky poo was a one time thing then just give a tablespoon of plain or vanilla yogurt or canned pure pumpkin. That helps with non-solid poops. If it is ongoing, it could be a number of things, worms, a cold, etc... I would take a stool sample in to the vet to be tested if it keeps happening.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I switched from Feline Pine to Nature's Miracle for the same reason..the cat could not bury her stools and the smell was not good.

Nature's Miracle has lived up to its name and we are both happy with it.

brigitte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We use a litter similar to feline pine. We got a scoop that has really big holes in it so when we scoop out the poo the pellets still fall through. We then flush the poo down the toilet. If it sticks to the scoop a bit we just swirl the scoop around in the toilet until it cleans off. Hope this helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

sorry I wasn't paying attention, but why did you switch litter types?
lol, no prob

I switched litter types because the Arm & Hammer made me want to gag, I loved the way it clumped but the smell (even unscented) really got on my nerves. Plus Ceci is a big digger and made huge messes with the clumping litter, I figured with FP she wouldnt spill, which she hasnt.

I liked the way FP worked. I had originally planned on keeping to a clumping litter, but im a new cat owner and I wasnt sure if Cats Pride or Fresh Step clumped