Organic Rice Krispies

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped at grocery store this afternoon and there is was - Organic Kellogg's Rice Krispies. And Frosted Mini Wheats and Raison Bran too.
So of course I had to buy some. Its now possible to make "organic rice krispie bars"
Doesn't that make them sound more healthy!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are healthier than the regular ones because they use organic evaporated cane juice and cane juice crystals, rather than sugar and high-fructose corn syrup, and of course, organic rice. Still not as healthy as a piece of fruit, though.

Thanks for sharing; I haven't see those in Canada yet.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I stopped at grocery store this afternoon and there is was - Organic Kellogg's Rice Krispies. And Frosted Mini Wheats and Raison Bran too.
So of course I had to buy some. Its now possible to make "organic rice krispie bars"
Doesn't that make them sound more healthy!!
It is possible to make Organic Rice Crispy treats. I have made them in the past. You just need to find some organic marshmallows and some organic butter and you should be fine.

Let me say this, making this recipe organic doesn't change the caloric intake; all you are doing is taking out the chemicals that are in non-Organic food.