Someone's getting neutered this weekend!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Little Louie D-Boy is getting neutered on Saturday!!!! I can't wait. Hopefully this will bring back my sweet loving little boy....as he has been getting increasingly aggressive, not mean or nasty, just being more dominant.
And maybe this will twart any more embarassing issues with visitors coming over, and Louie enjoying their petting a little too much...
Wish us luck! I will be a little nervous with him....but not as near as LuckyGirl... at least I am a bit more prepared for his. And you all keep saying it's easier with a boy...
So if you could, keep him in your thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery!!! Thanks guys!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MANY good luck vibes that all goes well and that he calms down quite a bit immediately after surgery, as my boy Ferris did!

(Ferris update: He's having a growth spurt and jumped on Ginger's head this morning when they were wrestling - I told her, payback is a you know what!
However, Ferris is definitely being playful as opposed to being aggressive from a dominance standpoint, and the two of them continue to get along better and better since his neuter!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

(Ferris update: He's having a growth spurt and jumped on Ginger's head this morning when they were wrestling - I told her, payback is a you know what!
However, Ferris is definitely being playful as opposed to being aggressive from a dominance standpoint, and the two of them continue to get along better and better since his neuter!
)
That is exactly what I'm hoping for!!!
He hasn't been mean at all, but increasingly aggressive. Kinda like "ha ha! your not so big noooowwww big sister!" and knocking her over when they wrestle, which she is not too keen on.
And instead of wapping him in the head, she's just been running away lately....I'm praying that her 2 peeing accidents this week are on account of his up & coming manliness
. She's going to the vet today at 3pm....I'll be a wreck till then. I've alreayd called hubby twice to make sure he knows what to say to the dr. Please let everything be ok with my little girlie....

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Vibes are on the way, but I'm sure he'll be just fine! And btw, he sure is cute!
Thanks Lori!!! (Snowball is a beauty too!
) Me thinks that's how he gets his hiney out of so much trouble....
You can holler & holler but he just purrrs right back at ya!
And then you just melt....

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Louie will be a man no longer

Good luck Louie, you will be fine and mommy will spoil the heck out of you...maybe you should limp a little when you get home to milk it even more

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww sending vibes for him and for his mom that she can relax while her babies are at the vet

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to get online on Sat, but I couldn't get my server to work right...
Ok, so Louie is good, and Lucky is good too. She had peed out of her box twice and I thought it was cause of Louie's new manliness & dominance, but checked here 1st. And everyone said to call the vet asap. When I talked to the nurse at the vets they wanted her in immediately. So DH brought her in, they couldn't get a urine sample and since it had already been about 1 week since the peeing outside the box started, they wanted to treat her for a UTI. Instead of risking it going untreated as it had for about a week. So she got a shot, and she gets 2 pills every day for 5 days. DH was bragging about how well behaved she was at the vet, and said the dr even complimented him on how calm & good she was & how gentle she was (of course all because she was with her daaaaaddddy
), until he gave her the needle, then she growled and meowed real loud. And she does not like to take her pills, but owell. All is well with Louie too. Jazzy & I ended up waiting there instead of coming all the way back home (25 min drive), for what only took LuckyGirl 1 1/2 hrs to get spayed, it took 3 hrs for Louie....they had a surplus of kitties that day. And while all the other kitties came too, my little kitty was taking his nap while under...he was the last one, and I took him home still out cold!
He is ok though. They told me he was stable, they had been monitoring him the whole time after the procedure, but cause he's so much smaller than a grown cat he'd sleep a little longer. And I was allowed to take him. I kept him in his crate and Luck just sat at the door of the crate. He was shivering badly (something she didn't do), so I heated up my heating pad and laid it (wrapped) over him. That helped. He was out for over an hour, and I just left the crate door open, then I was dusting & turned around & almost stepped on him. I didn't even know he had wobbled out. He was such a good boy though...he just wanted held, and kept licking my skin. Then after he got a little better at walking, he kept trying to attack LuckyGirl, like he wanted to play....she was very good with him, I kept telling her be nice, the babies sick Luck, and she just walk away when he'd try to bite her leg & stuff. Once he got better that evening, he would try to run and his legs would go out and he'd go sliding on the hard wood floors & crash into the dresser in Jazzy's room.
He was getting really aggressive in wanting to play so badly that he kept attacking my foot, my hand, the small litter pan I set up for him, he was rolling in the litter flinging it everywhere, ripping up the plastic liner by biting it....I am all scratched up from his biting, and one time he bit me so hard, I was gushing blood, it was all I could do to not cry. He scared me a bit, I thought maybe he was under a little too long and something went cook-coo. But I think now he was just fighting off the anesthesia and not realizing his own strength.
He was great yesterday...maybe a little extra tired? But that's it. He did sleep alot yesterday. And the cutest thing...DH & I were laying on the couch under a blanket and Louie hops up, and sits high up on my shoulder (I was on my side) and he puts his paws on my face, and started licking me all over my cheek & on my lips (PS, sand papery kitten tongues kinda hurt on the lips?!). DH was laying behind me and just about melted onto the floor, it was SO SWEET
. Like he was saying "thanks momma, I love you too"
. And he slept with me all night last night.
This morning he was back to normal!!! (You all are right, it is much worse with a girl....)
Thanks so much for all of your cares/concerns/warm wishes and prayers, I really appreciate them!