Should I even go there?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH wants me to start playing WoW. Should I even start? Wouldn't that take time away from TCS? Oh boy, I don't know how to deal with this one.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Based on previous experience, my advice is no. OR, tell him that you want to make two little "newbie" characters together so that you can goof off and have fun together, but not have any "in game" commitments. The game is very addicting and you really do become committed to spending time on it... wether it be for raids, or to help someone with a quest, etc.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our daughter is involved in an on-line game (Guild Wars) and I swear most of her non-working day is filled with gaming. My vote would be no.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vote is for no too, unless, as squirtle mentioned, he makes a n00b character to play with

Now you have me thinking about playing online games again and before I knwo it I will be addicted again!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read about this game in Ann Landers last nite. There are actually WoW groups like AA because its so addicting.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Online game addiction has been around since there have been online games.
Most who allow themselves to become addicted are not playing for entertainment, but escapism and usually have underlying issues to begin with.

I play WoW and Guild Wars, I also join any beta tests I can get into, been online gaming since Asheron's Call was released in 99.
I play so many games because I have quite the opposite problem from addiction, games easily bore me if there is no mental challenge

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Our daughter is involved in an on-line game (Guild Wars) and I swear most of her non-working day is filled with gaming. My vote would be no.
My husband and I have been trying to get our daughter interested in gaming for years, but she's completely and totally uninterested. I guess it's not "cool" to her because her parents are into it!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I am a hopeless Runescape addict!! It's another online game that is very addictive like WOW. I play when my husband is at work, and I am off for the day from my job. I live in a small town and I find it is cheap honest entertainment. There isn't a lot of things to do here, especially in the winter time. The cats make sure they are not ignored in anyway!! They are not shy about telling me it's time to give them my time!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I played Ultima Online. I wasn't really interested in online gaming but my ex was so into it and kept urging me to try it, so I did. I found that when he and I played the game together we had a blast, but it was all time consuming! I liked spending time with him, not him as a bunch of pixels in a computer game! And those times became fewer because he loved the game and I wanted to spend more time with him, so I ended up playing the game more too, just to get some time in with him.

Anyway, long story short. He quit the game, I kept on playing, but didn't really enjoy it. I found it was more out of habit and something to do than out of love for the game. Eventually we broke up. I kept on playing for awhile but came to realize that I didn't really like online gaming and that I was doing it more as a way to waste time than spend time.

I think it's been 3 years since I quit playing. Don't miss it at all.