the Daily Thread TGIF Nov 3

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the weekend! And a food holiday!

Cold here, 34 this morning. BRRR. Winter is back.

Have a great Friday everyone!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good evening! You got my psychic thoughts from yesterday telling you I'm not putting up today's Daily thread! It does work!

Pretty good day, I've just discovered that Dodo is a selfish brat and wont let her momma cuddle with me all of the time!

Got a show meeting tonight...yeecch! No matter, it's the weekend!

Have good day today - TGIF!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

You got my psychic thoughts from yesterday telling you I'm not putting up today's Daily thread! It does work!
What's that??? You predict Susie will reach 15,000 posts by Sunday???

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Another chilly day here - the frost killed all my busy lizzies, so there's another job to add to the ever growing list!

I really have to get motivated today to get my car washed ready for the MOT tomorrow! Any Pass MOT vibes will be greatly appreciated!

Just had a long chat with my Mum, Dad and Sister, so that passed half my day without even trying!

Have a great day everyone and enjoy your weekend!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MmMMMM Sandwich day...yumyum!!

Good morning everyone,

I am really tired today..I stayed up kinda late last night, and now I'm paying for it. Hopefully the day goes by quickly..then I still have to battle through an hour at the gym..*wince*

But yes, TGIF!!! Tomorrow I'm off to my cousins wedding, so that should be fun!! I have to go shopping for something to wear for it on my lunchhour today..that'll be interested shopping for ONE hour for an outfit

Anyhoo, have a great day all!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another cool but sunny day. Going to run some errands later.
Got my china I bought from ebay yesterday-4 of the dishes were cracked-I can only repair one and three were dinner plates-can't repair. RATS!!!!! How am I ever going to find this pattern again!!
No much else going on.
Got our nephew's/godson's playoff football game tomorrow afternoon. I hope they win!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In just over 2 1/2 hours i'll be heading home to start my weekend!

My new broadband kit was delivered yesterday so the computer guys coming tomorrow morning to have a look at what other bits i need because it's probably going wireless, so hopefully i'll be logging on at home soon

My Directors wife popped in today, which i was pleased about because she's got her gardener in at the moment and she's getting me some cuttings for my new garden

Have a fab weekend everyone, and don't spend too much if your doing some retail therapy!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

My new broadband kit was delivered yesterday so the computer guys coming tomorrow morning to have a look at what other bits i need because it's probably going wireless, so hopefully i'll be logging on at home soon
Everything you need to go wireless should be in the kit!
So you'll be up and running by the end of tomorrow, I bet!

I've just come in from washing and waxing my car - I can't feel my fingers!
Will grab a quick cup of tea and get back to doing the inner sills!

Davie is going to look so smart for the mechanics tomorrow!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Everything you need to go wireless should be in the kit!
So you'll be up and running by the end of tomorrow, I bet!
SKY who i'm going with have said i would need a wireless adaptor?. A couple of people have scared me about this wireless as well by saying people can easily tap into your computer from outside, so i'll have to have a word with Keith otherwise i'll get a socket installed.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, if you do go wireless, people can tap in. If you have a firewall installed on your computer, you should be OK
Aaron upgraded our wireless router a few nights ago. A friend was telling me that in his city, people drive around looking for the wireless connections. If you have one that is easily accessible from outside, they hit the curb with a paintball, so people know!

Good vibes for you car Sarah

It was 28 degrees when I woke up this morning
If my computer is agreeable (I've been haivng quite a few problems with it) I will pay bills, then a trip to the post office to mail some packages. Maybe I am mailing my secret santa gift, maybe I'm not

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was so cold this morning in Florida!!! It was 43 degrees!
I think our coconuts had frost on them!!!
So I'm all snuggled up in my pretty white sweatshirt!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning All!

It's freezing today in the city!!! And the wind is bitingly cold! (note to self, apply extra moisturizer to face this evening) Today we are going to have pizza for lunch (sorry Neet!!!). Mmmm, piiiiizzzaaaa. And tonight is our monthly girls night out!!!
And by that I mean we go to applebees, and have dinner and have a drink, no hubby's or kids allowed!!!! Usually it's just me & my SIL, but we invited our other friend Jess too this time (her dad is the one with cancer in his face). So I am looking forward to seeing them both. And I'm sure Jess could really use some joking time with us 2 crazies...
Oh, weekend plans...LOUIE's GETTING NEUTERED!!! Woohoo!!! I can't wait, he's been a fiesty little thing lately!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

SKY who i'm going with have said i would need a wireless adaptor?. A couple of people have scared me about this wireless as well by saying people can easily tap into your computer from outside, so i'll have to have a word with Keith otherwise i'll get a socket installed.
Oh, how odd that they provide you with a wirless router but not even a USB WiFi dongle!
Our Wireless (Freeserve/Orange) provided one USB dongle - the issues came with me connecting my macs!

It's not just the firewall - when you get started, you want to change the name of your router and change the password from the default - we've been able to tap into our neighbours net as they keep everything the same!

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

A friend was telling me that in his city, people drive around looking for the wireless connections. If you have one that is easily accessible from outside, they hit the curb with a paintball, so people know!
What a good idea with the paintball!

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Good vibes for you car Sarah
Thanks, Karen! I've done as much of my MOT pretest as I can (without my Haynes) and it seems everything is ok, so hopefully all will be good without a big bill

I

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Oh, how odd that they provide you with a wirless router but not even a USB WiFi dongle!
Our Wireless (Freeserve/Orange) provided one USB dongle - the issues came with me connecting my macs!
Oh now hang on!, SKY did tell me about one of those dongle thingies as well!
This is all because i havent got a BT socket in the room the computers going into so they mentioned the dongle or the wireless adaptor.

I must make sure i go through all of this with Keith tomorrow.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh now hang on!, SKY did tell me about one of those dongle thingies as well!
This is all because i havent got a BT socket in the room the computers going into so they mentioned the dongle or the wireless adaptor.

I must make sure i go through all of this with Keith tomorrow.
Ah yes, you do have all the bits!
The Dongle will attach to your computer and speak to your wireless router!

That's so funny that you don't have a socket in that room - our new house has one in my Studio but we're always going to be wireless!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Ah yes, you do have all the bits!
The Dongle will attach to your computer and speak to your wireless router!
It's either go wireless, or have a BT extention cable running from downstairs up to the girls room where the computer is going to be ( which i don't want ), or pay BT themselves £150 to have a socket installed!. £150 for a tiny socket!, pfffft no

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Friday All! Woke up today to SNOW on the ground! What's up with that?? LOL I guess i'm in denial that it's november! Right now huge snowflakes are falling from the skies and it looks gorgeous!!

(unfortunately all the drivers around here seem to have forgotten how to drive in the snow...and the number of accidents has been silly!). Thank goodness i have a short commute home. 5.5 hours and counting till I can head home!!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!

ps: I need to buy a pie to take to a dinner tonight...which kind should I get that everyone would like??

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's either go wireless, or have a BT extention cable running from downstairs up to the girls room where the computer is going to be ( which i don't want ), or pay BT themselves £150 to have a socket installed!. £150 for a tiny socket!, pfffft no
£150 for a socket!!
Now that is expensive!!

Wireless definitely is the best option! At least if you ever decide to get a laptop, you'll be all ready to wander the house while surfing the net!!