The joys of children...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I bought the boys glow sticks on sale at the Dollar Store today for $.50. They were in thier bedroom playing with them in the dark. So one of the genuis' decide they should put the glow sticks on the floor and jump on them. I was outside while they were doing this talking to my mom. I thought they were in bed.
Deacon comes running outside screaming his head off holding his right eye with red stuff all over him. I thought the worst and hung up with mom, rushed him to the bathroom. Apparently when they jumped on it, it squirted in his eye. It's non-toxic but still burns. While I'm flushing his eye out Justice decides he's gonna turn the light out to see Deacon's eye glow... IT DID! Deacon seen it and was half laughing and crying at the same time. After I get it all out of his eye I went to get the glow sticks and throw them away. Thier room is glowing! It looks like some kind of club in there and of course, they love it.
While I was cleaning up the floor in the bedroom they dug the sticks out of the trash and squirt them all over my front porch (you'd think they would have learned the first time
) so my porch is glowing red and blue right now. I wish I could get a pic of it but my batteries are dead.
Here's the funniest part.
They go into Dh and my bedroom (very quietly I might add) stand on the bed above DH's head and yell "LOOOOK!"
Dh wakes up and says "WHAT THE H*## IS THAT?!'" Thier hands were glowing and all he could see were 4 floating hands in front of his face
The kids bust out laughing and run like heck to the bathroom to wash thier hands. I thought Reggie was gonna have a heart attack!
He says "I thought I was being attacked by aliens or something!"

Ahhh, the joys of children!

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Boys are so fun. I have 3 nephews they come up with some very interesting games. Thats really neat that his eye was glowing.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is hysterical!!! Your boys sound like a handfull! I bet there's never a dull moment at your home
- how old are they? I bet they would LOVE to hang out with my two nephews!!! That sounds like something they would do too - lol could you imagine 4 of them!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatlessGoatMan

Boys are so fun. I have 3 nephews they come up with some very interesting games. Thats really neat that his eye was glowing.
It was pretty cool!
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That is hysterical!!! Your boys sound like a handfull! I bet there's never a dull moment at your home
- how old are they? I bet they would LOVE to hang out with my two nephews!!! That sounds like something they would do too - lol could you imagine 4 of them!!!
Deacon will be 5 on the 21st and Justice will be 9 Dec 6th.

Originally Posted by catsallover

Thanks, I needed that! (Though I'm sure you didn't at the time
)
It's funny now but it wasn't at the time. It cracks me up. It's never dull around here.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

So I bought the boys glow sticks on sale at the Dollar Store today for $.50. They were in thier bedroom playing with them in the dark. So one of the genuis' decide they should put the glow sticks on the floor and jump on them. I was outside while they were doing this talking to my mom. I thought they were in bed.
Deacon comes running outside screaming his head off holding his right eye with red stuff all over him. I thought the worst and hung up with mom, rushed him to the bathroom. Apparently when they jumped on it, it squirted in his eye. It's non-toxic but still burns. While I'm flushing his eye out Justice decides he's gonna turn the light out to see Deacon's eye glow... IT DID! Deacon seen it and was half laughing and crying at the same time. After I get it all out of his eye I went to get the glow sticks and throw them away. Thier room is glowing! It looks like some kind of club in there and of course, they love it.
While I was cleaning up the floor in the bedroom they dug the sticks out of the trash and squirt them all over my front porch (you'd think they would have learned the first time
) so my porch is glowing red and blue right now. I wish I could get a pic of it but my batteries are dead.
They go into Dh and my bedroom (very quietly I might add) stand on the bed above DH's head and yell "LOOOOK!"
Dh wakes up and says "WHAT THE H*## IS THAT?!'" Thier hands were glowing and all he could see were 4 floating hands in front of his face
The kids bust out laughing and run like heck to the bathroom to wash thier hands. I thought Reggie was gonna have a heart attack!

Whewwww Kinda sounds like F Troop to me
Do you ever get any peace I mean like quite like no nuts running around glowing, I am so done I used to be a really good supportive person I don't know what's happend to me, I am allergic to the cats and I think I have been around WAYYYYYYY to many on this site,,,I'm corrupt

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You definitely have your hands full. My husband is the youngest of 4 boys and I listen to all of the stunts they pulled. It is amazing my MIL still has her sanity.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

You definitely have your hands full. My husband is the youngest of 4 boys and I listen to all of the stunts they pulled. It is amazing my MIL still has her sanity.
I think I've lost mine!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh my - thats funny - you do have your hands full!!
I had thoughts that maybe i could be adopted with Reilly?
I think I'm becoming allergic to children so I need a new home too

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No fair, if you're allergic to kids.......I wanna be too

Remember the pink gak on my kitchen ceiling?
It's still there and I make sure to point it out to everyone that comes in here.
Shawn would have jumped out of bed from the scare

Poor Reggie!!

Seth is 6,Jordan is almost 9,Devin is 13, and then Amber is 16..............wanna come over for a play date?Maybe with all 6 of ours, we'd get some remodeling done

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

No fair, if you're allergic to kids.......I wanna be too

Remember the pink gak on my kitchen ceiling?
It's still there and I make sure to point it out to everyone that comes in here.
Shawn would have jumped out of bed from the scare

Poor Reggie!!

Seth is 6,Jordan is almost 9,Devin is 13, and then Amber is 16..............wanna come over for a play date?Maybe with all 6 of ours, we'd get some remodeling done
I'm volunteering my niece and nephews
/ By the way, i've trained both boys to clean the bathroom
/ When they lived with us a few months back....Cooper "missed" and was gonna leave it like that :
....well, you better believe as soon as I saw my bathroom, I had him in gloves with papertowels in one hand and cleaner in the other- he cleaned the ENTIRE bathroom (as did Isaac for making fun of Cooper's "toilet gloves" - boys!
) ....and I tell you what- that bathroom sparkeled when they were done
.....lol, my sister loved my form of "punsihment" soo much that now that they have their own place, she makes the boys detail the bathrooms when they're bad
works like a charm
- oh yes, and it's amazing how they don't miss their targets anymore now that they're the ones cleaning the bathroom

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Is this what I have to look forward to

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Is this what I have to look forward to

But mine are the troublesome 2!
Awhile back, I bought the kids a suction cup bow and arrow set. Instead of shooting the bow, Justice decided to stick the arrows to his little brother's chest, forehead and belly button........WITH SUPER GLUE!
2 hours of scrubbing and a bottle of nail polish remover later... they came off!