I slept all day

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cant believe it. Amber came in a couple minutes ago and asked me what I was up to today. I realized I only woke up 4 times. Twice for my physical therapy and twice when my sister fed me. That means I was awake for about an hour today. That's pretty crazy. I'm gonna have to figure out something to do during the day. I asked my mom to send me any pictures she had of the goatlings so I could show them off some more on here. But she could only find one of Nalini and it wasnt very good at all. I think I will have Amber go over to my house sometime this weekend and get some pictures of them. I hardly ever take pictures. Heres the one pic I had on my computer at home.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get on TCS more often in the day and that'll keep you awake.
Just wait until Lava girl comes along, you will NEED your sleep!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a couple of goats, My first hubby used to trained Thoroughbred race horses and we had a colt that was nuts in the stall, someone told us to get a goat and put it outside his stall
little to say the goat feel in Love with that horse and everytime we would try and take the colt out to the track the goat would have a fit
I mean it would cry like crazy till that horse was back in that stall.
I also had a little female named star I think she was a nubien I think that's what it was, she would climb on anything why do they do that? She broke her hind leg one time, she was a spoiled girlie.. Do you breed them or are they just pets?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky you. I was fortunate if I could get an hour or two rest with my pain.

Never had the opportunity to be around goats. My aunts and uncles had one In the early 1950s. It was a gift from a neighbor (and named for him
). It liked to chew on Mom's work clothes when they were on the clothesline.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's normal for the body to rest when it's recuperating but the problem is, if you've slept all day, you'll be awake all night! At least, that's what happens to me! If you're into reading, get a good book that will keep you awake. Or, since your computer is near, play some games...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think sleep is good for you. Though not if you end up all night. I look forward to learning more about goats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I used to have a couple of goats, My first hubby used to train Thoroughbred race horses and we had a colt that was nuts in the stall, someone told us to get a goat and put it outside his stall
little to say the goat feel in Love with that horse and everytime we would try and take the colt out to the track the goat would have a fit
I mean it would cry like crazy till that horse was back in that stall.
I also had a little female named star I think she was a nubien I think that's what it was, she would climb on anything why do they do that? She broke her hind leg one time, she was a spoiled girlie.. Do you breed them or are they just pets?
I love Nubians. But I dont think I would ever get one unless it was a whether bottle baby. Did it look like this.

They climb because they are goats.
Its just what goats do. Shashi was bred a couple times. She had twins the first time and triplets the other time. They were very cute but I sold them as bottle babies to some friends of mine. They were all a week or 2 when they were sold. Acacia is to small (not within standard) to breed so she's just my sweet spoiled pet. Nalini was bred earlier this year but the buckling died a couple minutes after he was born. I dont know if I will try again. My parents breed Saanen's.

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

I love goats!
and your goats are adorable!
Thanks. Believe it or not Acacia and Nalini are half sisters and cousins.
They share the same father and their moms are twin sisters. I went to buy Acacia because her color is what I wanted and when I met Nalini I had to get her too. Nalini wasnt cheap either. Acacia was only 50 because she was a runt. Nalini was 300.
Both her parents were shown and she was supposed to be used for breeding because shes big and is structually correct.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanna sleep in too! No fair! lol... ( oh, and you can spend your day on TCS tomorrow
it's very entertaining
)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are too cute!

My friend keeps teasing me saying she's waiting to hear I adopted a goat

It wouldn't suprise her if I did.... come to think of it, It wouldn't suprise me either!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

They are too cute!

It wouldn't suprise her if I did.... come to think of it, It wouldn't suprise me either!
I think you should adopt a rescued Alpaca or Llama!!!

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

They are too cute!

You should do it. LOL Lamanchas are great. They have tons of personality.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I could sleep all day!!!!!

I never knew there were so many different varieties of goats!!!

When we were little my family went somewhere that must have had a petting zoo or something similar- well my brother got bit on the ear by a goat & had to get stitches!
He must've looked tasty!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our new neighbors have 3 goats, no idea what kind they are. I'll try and take some pics and post them for you John. They do LOVE to climb, at least one of the 3 is out every afternoon when I get home. And the new dog just LOVES to chase them!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice pics! When I was really small, there was a gas station near our home that kept a billy goat tied up outside. I used to love watching that goat whenever we stopped for gas.