Why can't all producers/online suppliers provide feeding recommendations

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
on their websites?!?! How are you supposed to judge price/quality without them? This really gets to me sometimes, as I order almost all cat food online, due to a lack of good and/or affordable pet stores in my area.
I've been eyeing one particular brand ( http://www.ziwipeak.com/Products/Ziw...uisine-Family/ ) for a couple of months now, but the price really put me off. I finally broke down and ordered some, which arrived today, and the food is so rich and fed in such small quantities that it's actually no more expensive than what Jamie & Co. usually get in the evening.
Jamie, who went out of his mind over it, only managed to eat 2 ounces, Miezi a little more than that, and ZsaZsa about an ounce (she only weighs 6 lbs.)
It's also a problem with dry food, as it makes a big difference if an average-sized cat is supposed to get 50 or 60, or 100 grams a day.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea, but if you'd gone to my site, you would have at least found the information you wanted on the ZiwiPeak feeding guidelines as I include that kind of information on my site for all products that I carry.

Glad to hear you and they like the food, and that you found a source for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I have no idea, but if you'd gone to my site, you would have at least found the information you wanted on the ZiwiPeak feeding guidelines as I include that kind of information on my site for all products that I carry.

Glad to hear you and they like the food, and that you found a source for it.
Aha! http://catniptoys.com/Merchant2/merc...tegory_Code=CF
I bought the canned food, though. A 6.5 ounce can is enough for a 4 kilogram cat for 48 hours. Or enough for a meal for one 3 kg., one 6 kg., and one 7 kg. cat, judging by tonight's dinner. Jamie has just "forced" the last few teaspoons of it.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah...I don't have the cans, too much of a pain in the tuckus to deal with shipping fees and shipping weights

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Ah...I don't have the cans, too much of a pain in the tuckus to deal with shipping fees and shipping weights
I can believe it. I was specifically looking for another canned food without additives, or too much fish, because His Majesty has been refusing any canned food that isn't fish lately. He hates poultry, which makes it difficult.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I can believe it. I was specifically looking for another canned food without additives, or too much fish, because His Majesty has been refusing any canned food that isn't fish lately. He hates poultry, which makes it difficult.
What about the iIcelandPet Trout Pate and their Salmon pate? I'm sure they are sold in Europe, and various online sites including the company (think it's icelandpure.com. Great stuff, in pouches

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

What about the iIcelandPet Trout Pate and their Salmon pate? I'm sure they are sold in Europe, and various online sites including the company (think it's icelandpure.com. Great stuff, in pouches
The problem is, His Majesty won't eat pouches. That would make life too easy for Mommy! I'm actually surprised he deigned to share a 6.5 ounce can. Usually he'll only eat 2 or 3 ounce cans, and he's got the other two doing it, too. I realize the food from the smaller cans is tastier because it's not heated as much, but it'd be so much easier, and cheaper, if I could just split bigger cans, or use pouches. Jamie is a bit eccentric, as hubby was complaining tonight ("Why does he have to eat his treats on the windowsill?")

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

The problem is, His Majesty won't eat pouches. That would make life too easy for Mommy! I'm actually surprised he deigned to share a 6.5 ounce can. Usually he'll only eat 2 or 3 ounce cans, and he's got the other two doing it, too. I realize the food from the smaller cans is tastier because it's not heated as much, but it'd be so much easier, and cheaper, if I could just split bigger cans, or use pouches. Jamie is a bit eccentric, as hubby was complaining tonight ("Why does he have to eat his treats on the windowsill?")
have you tried them??? Yes they are pouched but unlike most pouches they look and feel like fish( well okay they are) ... Zoey is not much for typical pouches but she ran into the kitchen when I opened those...

Jamie is a King that is why he does what he does

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

have you tried them??? Yes they are pouched but unlike most pouches they look and feel like fish( well okay they are) ... Zoey is not much for typical pouches but she ran into the kitchen when I opened those...

Jamie is a King that is why he does what he does
I bought a few pouches at a pet store in the city where I work - they don't seem to be available online here. He and ZsaZsa wouldn't touch them, and Miezi only took a few mouthfuls.