Anyone see Untold Stories of the E.R?

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last night I was watching untold stories of the E.R and I saw one of the weirdest/nastiest things of my life.

A lady had worms under her scalp. The doctors squeezed on her scalp and liquid/pus came out and some nasty brown worms popped out.

Anyone see this?

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't see that specific one but I've seen others where people had worm/bugs/etc under their scalp or skin

It gives me chills to even think about that stuff!!!

I love that show, we watch it when we catch it but not regularly. There's always something interesting on it!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JulieKit

Last night I was watching untold stories of the E.R and I saw one of the weirdest/nastiest things of my life.

A lady had worms under her scalp. The doctors squeezed on her scalp and liquid/pus came out and some nasty brown worms popped out.

Anyone see this?
Not that one, but I have seen the show. My Mom was a ER nurse for over 30 years, and I sometimes want to get a taste of what she went through.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't see that one, but I did see one where this guy rushed in with his beagle. He said the beagle has just collapsed while they were out on a walk and he didn't know where else to take the dog (he was new to the area) and so the ER staff started treating the dog! The beagle inexplicably just got up in the middle of the staff trying to treat him, so they checked over the owner to make sure his heart and everything was ok since he was an older man. I just found it kindof cool that they treated this man's dog in the human ER!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have watched this before it's freaky!
I saw a woman come in with worms under her skin on her arms and legs and she named them all and they had to put them in jars with names on it for her!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen the show a couple of times. The episode that really got to me was the one about the woman mauled by a cougar.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How does one end up with worms under their skin?

lorina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Was it a cuterebra (aka: botfly larva or warble)? I've seen those on rabbits and dogs before, and they rank as the thing that grossed me out most working at the vets. I knew I could stomach anything when I was eating some gnochi and thought, "This looks a little like a cuterebra," and kept right on eating.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I have watched this before it's freaky!
I saw a woman come in with worms under her skin on her arms and legs and she named them all and they had to put them in jars with names on it for her!
I saw that one!

Did anyone see the one where the Spanish speaking guy jammed a screwdriver into his ear?? After they finally found an interpreter they found out he had had that in there for 5 days and had done it to stop the demon voices!!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oww i saw that one!
she named them all..and wouldnt let the staff handel them so they put them in specimen containers with potting soil....

INSANE

but when your not right in the head stuff happens.
I have an aunt like that. it can be very sad at times.

linda-anne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love Untold Stories of the ER -- although I don't believe these are "the stories that doctors never tell." I believe that these are the stories that doctors tell at every party they ever go to. Anyway, the woman with the bugs in her scalp had bot fly larvae. I had them in my feet when I lived in Brazil. The botfly larvae live under human skin and they wiggle and eat and eventually if you don't remove them they hatch out into botflies and burst out from your skin. They are horrible. You can squeeze them out sometimes, like popping a pimple, or put vaseline on the skin so they have to stick out more to breathe, and then tweeze them out. Or you can suffocate them.

And although they don't exist in the US and US doctors aren't trained to recognize them, there is a similar insect that afflicts dogs and cats in the US, so vets may recognize them.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just can't watch it (other than the fact I don't have cable TV, seriously, that show would freak me out and I wouldn't watch).

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some of those are tough to watch. Same with "Monsters Inside Me".

The craziest thing I ever saw was on an "Untold Stories..." episode. A guy was out trimming trees/shrubs, fell, and landed right on the trunk of a shrub/small tree. It went straight up his rectum, and there was maybe 8 or 10 inches still sticking out of his body when they wheeled him in. There was a little leaf on the part that was sticking out, and I'm not going to lie to you, I giggled at first glance before I found out the extent of what this guy endured.

The trunk pierced <whatever it would have pierced> and extended all the way up to his heart! It managed to miss all of his organs, and the jagged end of it missed his heart by mere centimeters. They had his whole torso completely opened up, and when they were done cutting out/removing all of the tree, they literally rinsed his innards out by tossing bucketloads of water into him, hoping to wash all of the debris away.

As you might imagine, the recovery was long and excruciating, but he made a full recovery with no secondary infection. Can you imagine that?

I love to tell that story. There aren't many things you watch anymore with your mouth agape in astonishment, but that was one of them.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely watch that show, but I actually did see that one if its the same one that was on quite a while ago. The one I'm thinking of, nobody would believe her but her husband said he had seen them. Finally the doctor saw them too. Its was scary to think about that happening.